Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 11-19-2020, 04:44 AM

Default All plugins available when online, half disappear when trying to work offline...

When I am online Pro Tools First displays all installed plugins and any saved project I open still has the plugins I selected available for use.

When I go offline and then open PTF, any saved project I open states roughly "plugins for this project are not found in the plugins folder" and the individual tracks now have the unfound plugins grayed out in the A-E slots (though the text is still there).

Even more confusing is if I boot PTF while online and then disconnect from the internet (while leaving PTF open), I can access all installed plugins and saved projects load their saved plugins properly. If I then close PTF and reopen the plugins are unavailable again.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Windows 10 x64
Old 11-20-2020, 05:28 AM

Default Re: All plugins available when online, half disappear when trying to work offline...

Get a real PT version.

QAPLA!
Old 11-20-2020, 10:41 AM

Default Re: All plugins available when online, half disappear when trying to work offline...

Sounds like you are using cloud licensing for some stuff? Open your iLok manager and log into your account and see where licenses are for the stuff that disappears. If its in the cloud, move those to your physical iLok. My personal feeling about cloud iLok is that I would never use it unless I had no other option. I also must agree with musicman as PTF is little more than a tease and much too limited for serious recording(of course, if you are a hobbyist, then that makes some sense, but some other DAW options would make MORE sense).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-20-2020, 10:48 AM

I don't see an iLok Cloud session open for you, and no Avid licenses in your account other than Pro Tools First. What plug-ins are having the problem?
Old 11-20-2020, 09:08 PM

When offline PTF will not find the following Avid plugins

Eleven effects bundle 2018.8
Eleven Lite 12.0.0
In Tune 12.0.0
Sci-Fi 12.0.0
Vari-Fi 12.4.0

I also have numerous other plugins (XLN, Softube) that work fine when I am online but become unavailable when trying to work offline.

I did check my iLok and I do not have a cloud session open. I also checked C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins and every installed plugin is accounted for.

Thanks for the responses.

Windows 10 x64

Last edited by amateurhour; 11-21-2020 at 06:52 AM.