Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2009, 04:52 AM

Default Error message while booting Pro Tools

I am using the Peavey PC-1600 controller profile that is an option with Pro Tools 6.4.1 and whenever I'm launching Pro Tools, I am getting a window saying:

"The original Midi device associated with the MIDI controller "PC-1600" could not be located. Please choose an existing MIDI devicein the Midi controller section of the peripheral dialogue"

The extension is in the Controllers folder. I am using the 6.4.1 version of the controller but I've tried the 6.4 version (which bring up the same message) and the 6.9 (which of course doesn't work but I thought I'd give it a try anyhow)

Any ideas how to get rid of the message?
Old 10-08-2009, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Error message while booting Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis View Post
I am using the Peavey PC-1600 controller profile that is an option with Pro Tools 6.4.1 and whenever I'm launching Pro Tools, I am getting a window saying:

"The original Midi device associated with the MIDI controller "PC-1600" could not be located. Please choose an existing MIDI devicein the Midi controller section of the peripheral dialogue"

The extension is in the Controllers folder. I am using the 6.4.1 version of the controller but I've tried the 6.4 version (which bring up the same message) and the 6.9 (which of course doesn't work but I thought I'd give it a try anyhow)

So you've tried different profiles for the PC-1600 and it still can't find the hardware? obviously check the pC-1600 is connected OK with all working cables and check if it might need a firmware update etc.

To just get rid of the message, then remove the profile from the digidesign folder, is it in controllers folder? not sure as i'm on PT8.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:20 AM

The hardware works fine, and the PC-1600 comes up at the Peripherals window. It is just this silly message that comes up everytime I launch Pro Tools.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis View Post

Hi,
i'm experiencing the same problem as your with my PC-1600 and ProTools LE 7.1 (Mac); more over, and most importantly, the device doesn't work at all: while moving faders on PC-1600, nothing happens on Pro Tools Mix Window - anything is ok with my PC-1600, i'm using for other purposes (e.g. programming synths) and it works fine - MIDI connection btw. Pc-1600 and Digi002 also has been checked and works. I'm quite sure that malfunctioning with PTools depends on the fact that PTools patches are not automatically downloaded from PTools to PC-1600 as it should be. Any idea about how/where could i recover a general midi file containing SysEx data of PC-1600 patches for ProTools? I know such a file existed and has been downloadable from Digidesign's site in the past.
Thank you.