Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2012, 12:28 AM

Default everytime bouncing a track on pro tools 10 the quality gets worse

everytime i bounce a track the quality gets worse !
MY SONG sounds perfect while im in my pro tools sessions until i bounce the track or export it ...the vocals start to sound as if i recorded in a hallway ...my sound booth is excellent
so i dont know what do ! i dont know why my song sounds great until i export or bounce the track ... please help me ! you can text 404 407 0199 too .

HERE: MY EXAMPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DOES IT SOUND LIKE IM IN A HALL WAY ????? it sounds get until i bounce it
Old 11-28-2012, 01:00 AM

Well what bit depth and sample rate and format are are you bouncing to?

You are playing back over the same monitors? Using what software? (No funky EQ etc settings in that software?)

And you are sure this is not just mostly volume/level related?

Darryl
Old 11-28-2012, 01:19 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Default Re: everytime bouncing a track on pro tools 10 the quality gets worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie11 View Post
everytime i bounce a track the quality gets worse !
MY SONG sounds perfect while im in my pro tools sessions until i bounce the track or export it ...the vocals start to sound as if i recorded in a hallway ...my sound booth is excellent
so i dont know what do ! i dont know why my song sounds great until i export or bounce the track ... please help me ! you can text 404 407 0199 too .
Your vocal booth may be great, but the real question is this. How does your monitoring environment sound?

Sounds like a classic case of mixing in a room with drywall walls and the speakers in the wrong place, with no room treatment.

Kris
May the music move you
Old 11-28-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
MY SONG sounds perfect while im in my pro tools sessions until i bounce the track or export it
sounds to me like his "bounce source" got changed;
poss to a verb send...
e
Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 AM

i did the 16 44.1
the 24 48 one
i tried almost every thing

it SOUNDS PERFECT WHILE I LISTEN INSIDE PRO TOOLS 10 but as soon as i bounce it out the quality gets super [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]y why????

can i just send it to one of yall emails ?? can yall help me save it with high quality because i paid 600$ for this piece of [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] program everything is all good until it comes to bouncing im running out of ideas i literrally tried everything from the bits to interleaving to putting it as a wave to putting it as a mp3 under 320kb it still turns up to sound like [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] !!!

why does it sound perfect inside pro tools ? but like [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] when i take it out ??
i guesssing its a glitch idk but if you would like to try and see whats wrong ill send it to your email idk pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help dont give up onme
Old 11-28-2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicious View Post
sounds to me like his "bounce source" got changed;
poss to a verb send...
e
HELP TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE VOCALS ????" what is poss to a verb send ???? " what should i do ??? should i master it on another program?

it keeps [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]in up smh !!! i even tried combined it as one track ...and it sounds good when i combined it on pro tools but as soon as i take it out again it sounds [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ty
Old 11-28-2012, 04:48 AM

The best thing to do is to list your gear that your are using with pro tools and the gear that you are using to listen to your bounced file. It might be easier to help you. I use a fairly decent M-Audio pci card, the 192 audiophile for pro tools but I often play back on the windows motherboard card. One thing that happens is the 1/8" jack that goes from the computer motherboard card sometimes gets slightly pulled out and everything sounds like crap and out of phase. When you hear your file rendering, that's what it should sound. An engineer may hear differences in dynamics between and MP3 and some high end loss but to most hears, it should sound pretty damn close. Try importing the rendered file into Pro Tools and test that out. This will let you know if your other sound device is causing problems.
Make sure you are rendering to a stereo track and your master fader should not be hitting the red ever! Hopefully, you are using a limiter on the master fader to prevent that or you are keeping your levels down. By the way, some players like Win Amp will SOMETIMES have a zippered effect when trying to play back while protools is running. Asio4All can be troublesome but that works fine for me on my laptop.
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
HELP TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE VOCALS ????" what is poss to a verb send ???? " what should i do ??? should i master it on another program?

it keeps [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]in up smh !!! i even tried combined it as one track ...and it sounds good when i combined it on pro tools but as soon as i take it out again it sounds [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ty
when you say "take it out" of Pro Tools, do you mean listen to it on another system? IOW it sounds good in your recording system, but when you listen to it on another sound system it sounds bad? If so, that is known as translation and a common problem for people new to recording.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:

It is not normal for your bounced mix to sound any different than the unbounced track, period. Something else is going wrong and I highly doubt that it is a glitch. It is most likely some kind of routing mixup that you are unaware of. Does your vocal actually sound like it is in a reverb after you bounce your mix? If so, it is possible, as has been mentioned, that it is inadvertently being bussed to a reverb that is somehow part of your final bounce source output. Seeing your session file, no need for audio files, would be of help in getting to the bottom of your problem.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:19 AM

I agree with the above statment..."is most likely some kind of routing mixup that you are unaware of".

be sure that all your track and aux outputs are going to the main output that feeds the bounce.