Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 01-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Default Application Manager shows activated Pro Tools licence as "Not Activated"

I can run pro tools and use it but my application manager says that pro tools is not activated
Old 01-11-2017, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools not activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestW View Post
I can run pro tools and use it but my application manager says that pro tools is not activated
Welcome to the community.

EDIT: This has now been logged. If experiencing this please start a support case via the Access The Support Center link in your Avid account or the Contact Support link here.

Last edited by jeffro; 05-01-2017 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Added IS link and case/contact info.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:28 PM

Default PT Activated, but not in Application Manager

I've just installed PT, and I've tried everything I came across in previous posts (and other things):
  • Confirmed that my license is on my iLok
  • Signed into the pro tools application
  • Signed into the application manager
  • Made sure that I'm using the same account credentials everywhere
  • Cleared the cache in app manager
  • Restarted
  • Unplugged the iLok and plugged it in again
  • Confirmed that, using the iLok tool, pro tools status is Active.
I'm not sure if it matters what the application manager says, but I imagine it might matter at some point.

Any ideas about how to fix this? Many thanks!

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 01-15-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Support Case 03125301
Old 03-16-2017, 10:45 PM

Default iLok has PT12 perpetual license activated but Application Manager doesn't recognize

hello - i just bought PT 12 perpetual for my Macbook Pro running Sierra - it runs fine however Avid Application Manager says that my license is not activated. hardly perpetual if you can't even get the license to work in the first place..

using the Ilok manager I activated the license and it's been moved to my Ilok 3. Ilok Manager shows it but still not Avid App Manager. i've logged out and back in, cleared the cache, restarted etc but nothing helps.

i've contacted Avid Customer Care and they have not helped me. they say I need to pay for an Avid Support Care..

why should we have to pay extra just to get their license to work!

very disappointed in this product.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Ilok has PT12 perpetual license activated but avid app manager doesn't recognize

If you have the license on your iLok, what else do you need? Pro Tools will run just fine. The app manager should be syncing with your account to show the activation status. Are you logged into the correct account? Does your activation status show correctly in your Avid account? If so, then I wouldn't worry. You'll still be able to renew before your year is up if you want to stay on the upgrade plan.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 03-17-2017, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Ilok has PT12 perpetual license activated but avid app manager doesn't recognize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
If you have the license on your iLok, what else do you need? Pro Tools will run just fine. The app manager should be syncing with your account to show the activation status. Are you logged into the correct account? Does your activation status show correctly in your Avid account? If so, then I wouldn't worry. You'll still be able to renew before your year is up if you want to stay on the upgrade plan.
thanks for the replies.

i'm signed into the correct account but avid app manager still says my license is not activated.

my iLok does say its activated but i worry that Avid doesn't recognize my license...

since numerous people are having this problem it seems like Avid should correct this.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:45 AM

Default App Manager Shows Pro Tools Licence as 'Not Activated'?

I have a fully-activated (both with Avid, and in iLok) Perpetual Pro Tools license + active Upgrade Plan.

Whilst the Account page of Application Manager reflects this, the Licensing page shows PT as 'Not Activated'.

Everywhere else across App Manager and iLok both say it's fine, and PT itself runs without issue.

I contacted Avid and they confirmed this 'Not Activated' message wasn't accurate, saying it was likely a bug with Application Manger, but I was curious as to whether anyone else is experiencing the same?

Just updated the manager to v17.3.0 and this issue still persists.

Last edited by TheNeil; 03-25-2017 at 09:46 AM. Reason: I meant Account page, not Apps
Old 03-25-2017, 09:48 AM

Default Re: App Manager Shows Pro Tools Licence as 'Not Activated'?

FYI, this is what I got back from Avid previously.

Quote:
Entered on: 2/23/2017 1:16 PM

Hi Niel,

Thank you for contacting avid audio registration.

There might be a bug on the application manager so you can just go ahead and ignore the message. I have also checked on your account and everything has already been activated.

Regards,
Margarita
Avid Audio Licensing Support
Old 03-25-2017, 10:59 AM

Most of us just uninstall App Manager and Cloud Collaboration too if we're not using it. Unfortunately, you have to do that with each install.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 03-25-2017, 01:20 PM

Not really sure that's an answer to this issue, nor do I have any problem with App Manager overall, as I quite like having an easy way to check for and install updates.

Thanks for the suggestion though.