Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-15-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Loud Noise from Q-10...

About 2 weeks ago I started having this problem... I've not made any changes to my PC or installed anything new... But when I try to insert Waves Q-10 EQ onto one of my tracks, the meters peg out and a very loud noise is made... Anyone ever have this problem and what is the cure...?

Zetajazz44
Old 03-15-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Loud Noise from Q-10...

Hi there!
I had this problem and if I remember correctly I had a session with reason on an aux track and this made protools behave strangly and I think it was one of the instrument in reason that was causing the problem, when I loaded the plugin my monitors nearly blew up and i almost went deff Do you have reason in that session? What version of waves?
Old 03-15-2005, 01:30 PM

Naw, I don't have Reason... I am using Waves Diamond Bundle 5.0... The sound you are describing sounds like what I'm getting... When it does it, you can feel the 'air punch' from the monitors... Not to mention it scares hell out of you and anyone in the control room...

Zetajazz44
Old 03-15-2005, 02:11 PM

I sometimes get static so loud that all of the meters peak and it hurts my ears, but my problem is when I have several instances of the Finalis limiter along with several instances of the Waves Renn. plugins. It sure scares the buh-jesus out of me everytime it happens (which is completely random and about once every month or 2)
Old 03-15-2005, 02:32 PM

The Q-10 does this if you try and boost or cut the gain in it. basically, it's crap. i use it on a HD|2 Accel system and if i boost or cut more than 6 or 7 db then it distorts....i dont know.

go left next time
Old 03-16-2005, 12:20 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have had this happen to me using any Q Equalizer. The wierd thing about it is that it is not consistent. In some sessions it works or works for awhile then it pegs out. Even when I open a new session and insert the plug, I have had it peg out instantly without even messing with the settings on it.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have had this happen to me using any Q Equalizer. The wierd thing about it is that it is not consistent. In some sessions it works or works for awhile then it pegs out. Even when I open a new session and insert the plug, I have had it peg out instantly without even messing with the settings on it.
Yes... And while it's pegged out, you can load a pre-set from the menu, and it goes away... BUT, sometimes, if you've got a plug in-line just after the EQ, it pegs it out as well.. and you have load a pre-set there, or delete it... I have had to close the session and re-open it after this happens, as sometimes all audio goes away after this... The session 'plays' but no sound...
Sure wished I could find a cure for this... I don't know how many more times my heart will stand that loud noise!

Zetajazz44