Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 AM

Default Re: selling a waves bundle...

I would like to sell my SSL bundle to my friend.....the authorization is on my iLok and it would be transferred on the iLok account of my friend.
The SSL Bundle is the only waves plugs that i have .
I don't have the WUP and seem it cost a lot ...
So .. in theory i need WUP ( 200 $ ? ) + 150 $ for have the authorization to transfer + 25 $ iLok fee ?

I have mailed Waves from their site, let's see if the answer me .
Old 01-01-2013, 02:05 PM

Here's how it would go.

You'll pay the WUP. And I don't think the SSL bundle would be the capped price.

The WUP will give you V9 licenses. They don't use ilok. They have cloud licensing now.

Give your friend the username and password to your waves account.

He logs in and downloads the licenses and is good to go.

Some points here.

You can get discounted WUP prices from dealers. Check wavesuniverse.com

If he already has waves plugs and wants to add them to his account (which will save him WUP fees in the future), then you have to pay the waves transfer fee. It also depends on the price of the bundle. So I don't think it would be the full $150 either.

And if he doesn't want the newest versions you can just mail him an ilok with the plugs on it.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 AM

Yep, Waves has not made re-selling plugins easy. Sonnox too. It is not their business as they have sold their product to you and would very much like to sell their product to your friend/customer as well.

So it all comes down to what your friend/customer wants. If one simply wants to use the plugins, then it can be done as I stated before, but if one wants to see the licenses in one's own Waves account it's going to cost a lot. Probably more than either of you are willing to pay for.

So think twice; if you have two Waves accounts surely it is not optimal but if it works then hey...
Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM

Finally waves answer me , thank Matt ! Now the procedure and the prices for transfer my SSL Bundle are : 200$ for the Waves Update Plan + 150 $ for the transfer . This is the regular choose . Cost total 350$

the second choose , would be : move the the SSL license on a new iLok and give that to my friend . He could move again the license from that iLok on his main iLok ?
The second choose would be at the cost of a new iLok .. and would be great .

My friend would need to install the SSL bundle version same of the license right ? I think to have version 6 . so need to install Waves SSL Bundle version 6 ?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
move the the SSL license on a new iLok and give that to my friend. He could move again the license from that iLok on his main iLok?
Think twice.

If you buy a new iLok and transfer your Waves licenses there, that's okay if you ask Waves, but as soon as you move that new iLok to another account... Waves does not know about it and you cannot update. The 150 dollar cost is for Waves to update their license database and it sucks but keeps the plugs updated if needed.

So yes, it can be done, but...
Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Think twice.

If you buy a new iLok and transfer your Waves licenses there, that's okay if you ask Waves, but as soon as you move that new iLok to another account... Waves does not know about it and you cannot update. The 150 dollar cost is for Waves to update their license database and it sucks but keeps the plugs updated if needed.

So yes, it can be done, but...

My friends want the license on his iLok , so he can change computers and have his iLok whit him have his plugs whit him .
when he want in the future he could update , i give him my waves account , I have only SSL plugs of waves.

So ,Someone have done or know for certain that it could be done ? Move the license directly from my iLok to his iLok ? in this way I don't need waves authorization . right ?? no pay nobody ?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
My friends want the license on his iLok , so he can change computers and have his iLok whit him have his plugs whit him .
when he want in the future he could update , i give him my waves account , I have only SSL plugs of waves.

So ,Someone have done or know for certain that it could be done ? Move the license directly from my iLok to his iLok ? in this way I don't need waves authorization . right ?? no pay nobody ?
Yes you CAN do it by simply buying a new iLok key. HOWEVER, you lose future updates/upgrades this way so be very sure this is exactly what you and your friend want to do.