Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2019, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Maybe May....day!!!!
Old 05-01-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
Oh yes, and the 002 and 003 fader versions, double tap channel select for track naming, flip fader.. dedicated mix/edit window button.. only to find out that when I first switched to HD native with an Euphonix artist control, both those functions were gone:)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Don’t forget... input monitoring button, available even on my Command 8, that to this day hasn’t been added to my Artist Control. Makes doing revisions awkward when you can do about everything else on the surface... but can’t flip between “before” and “after” after a little tweak, and have to lean forward and mouse that green “I”...
Old 05-01-2019, 09:07 PM

God I love my icon, had the command8 also and it was good for the time

I’m sure that’s what the S6 users say about the Icon
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
I took my special reward code over to Groove3 went through the registering bit because I wanted the mastering eBook they had only to find I don't have 3 free credits.... that was 5 minutes ill never get back... and now I'm registered to prolly something ill never use.... unless the free credits thing turns out to be true.

I started a new thread on this perhaps a kind moderator could kill that thread off for me.
You have to take the 3 credit thing that pops up in your cart after entering the code to checkout, then you have the 3 credits available. A bit confusing at 1st. I got one tutorial and two books. Simple...
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 05-02-2019, 02:06 PM

I'm becoming quickly disenchanted with Avid. Here we are in May, no update. I get you want to roll out these new features, but I'm still having crashes in the middle of projects, and I'm not a user that is going to even be able to use a good number of them anyway. I'm sure everyone here would like fixes and can wait on the new features.

I can't get through any of my sessions without it crashing in the middle of playback. I'm regretting updating to 2018.12. I had ZERO problems until that patch, and now I have to wait till whenever, because Avid have a hair up their ass to get out the new features in the next update.

Fix the screwed up stuff before you add additional "features" that will inevitably break something again.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munnin View Post
I'm becoming quickly disenchanted with Avid. Here we are in May, no update. I get you want to roll out these new features, but I'm still having crashes in the middle of projects, and I'm not a user that is going to even be able to use a good number of them anyway. I'm sure everyone here would like fixes and can wait on the new features.

I can't get through any of my sessions without it crashing in the middle of playback. I'm regretting updating to 2018.12. I had ZERO problems until that patch, and now I have to wait till whenever, because Avid have a hair up their ass to get out the new features in the next update.

Fix the screwed up stuff before you add additional "features" that will inevitably break something again.
Just out of interest, you wouldn’t happen to be using the click track plugin?
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 05-02-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munnin View Post

Easy, they're working hard. Look at your account. There's some ****** courses nobody asked for nor needs. I'm sure they had all their manpower dedicated to bringing us this goodie. You can't expect them to work on fixes and useless crap at the same time, good Sir. Show some restraint.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 05-02-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Just out of interest, you wouldn’t happen to be using the click track plugin?
I would add ruthlessly combing out the crap plugins on the system as mandatory as well. 2018.12 has been running incredibly stable here on two machines after doing that. If you haven't done it, I would suggest that elements of Pro Tools will always remain buggy.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
I would add ruthlessly combing out the crap plugins on the system as mandatory as well. 2018.12 has been running incredibly stable here on two machines after doing that. If you haven't done it, I would suggest that elements of Pro Tools will always remain buggy.
Just curious, what are the crap plugins you are referring to?

https://soundcloud.com/jason-kalman
Old 05-02-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
Just curious, what are the crap plugins you are referring to?
The point I was trying to get across is that is very much a system specific thing. There are so many different plugins, from so many different developers, that have released so many different revisions that run under so many different OS configurations and installations that a simple list would undermine the very complexity of the problem. The importance isn't the crap plugin... it's the fine tooth comb in the plight to for a stable system.

After going through all my plugins about 18 months ago, I found that Slate's stuff really added to CPU overload errors and weird CPU consumption, so I cancelled my subscription. DearVR Pro would randomly crash Pro Tools under certain automation and output configurations, which I flagged with PA and they have subsequently released a new version that fixes it. The facebook 360 stuff has caused me a whole lot of grief. But even after those big three, I went through and deleted all of the free or cheap plugins that just congregate in my plugin list but never get used. It probably reduced the plugins that I have installed on my system by about 40%.

Since then, I have probably had a dozen crashes in Pro Tools working across two systems. Most commonly, they occur when I close Pro Tools, and it crashes instead of quitting neatly. Yesterday I suddenly started having CPU overload errors in Pro Tools for the first time in a very long time despite the CPU meter being at 10%. It was the direct result of having installed and initiated Dehumanizer 2.

If you are having issues with stability, there really isn't any point in blaming Avid until you have actively pursued every other developer's piece of software that you are trying to use with Pro Tools as the potential cause. It was something that at least used to be taught right from the very beginning of using Pro Tools, along with trashing preferences, and setting up your I/O.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.