Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2009, 07:01 AM

Default PT8HD Rewire problems?

I have PTHD 8.0 and am using Ableton Live as a rewire slave...

When I hook up to PT, I open an insert and find Ableton to run as a rewire host...

Then In Live7 I select the outputs (Rewire out 1/2, 3/4) and they play fine in PT.

Then I realise you have to use the busses to record from Live into PT so...

..I put each PT track i/o to the corresponding Bus, but when i record enable the tracks in PT there is no sound?! and when I stop there is a high-pitched whine sound/digital high pitch sound which randomly changes?!?

Any idea what this is?? or is it a bug??

PS> Another annoying thing in rewire mode is that PT "loses" its loop brace once you click anywhere in the Edit window? thus causing ableton to follow it!! is there a way to keep the loop brace intact in PT until I purposely move it?
Old 03-26-2009, 07:54 AM

Default Re: PT8HD Rewire problems?

Try:
Aux track>insert Live>add a Pre-fader send to BusX (Mono or stereo as needed)
Fader at unity-0.
The PF-send is for your recording audio track when ready.
Add your audio track (Mono or stereo as needed) with an input assignment from BusX.
While working in live you can monitor the Aux track as usual.
When ready to record, mute the Aux track and record enable your awaiting audio
track. (Hence the pre-fader send)
Now record. Adjust record level if needed from the pre-fader send.
Do note the auto input or input only modes on your record track when setting your levels.

TC
PT's HD8ccs2
PPC Mac, OS 10.5.6
Old 03-26-2009, 09:52 AM

Default Re: PT8HD Rewire problems?

Thanks will try it...

Its a shame you cant record directly onto the audio tracks, as they monitor the incoming signal via rewire straight from the Ableton outputs -

But once you want to record, you have to go to the busses and back, or have i got this wrong and you can literally record with rewire from Ableton out > PT audio track in?