Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2002, 07:46 AM

Default Need quick help on exporting to MP3

I bought the MP3 Option software and downloaded it, but how do I export a session to an mp3 file?
Old 02-10-2002, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Need quick help on exporting to MP3

Pro Tools MP3 Option.pdf
Page 2
PT Reference Guide.pdf
Chapter 29: Mixdown

Also, make sure you have the correct version of MP3 Option for your version of Pro Tools. Check in Support/Downloads/MP3 Option
The included installation instructions may help as well. Finally, you may want to try selecting a small portion of audio and doing a bounce to make sure MP3 Option is installed correctly and working.
Old 02-10-2002, 02:29 PM

This might be important when you bounce to disc with MP3 Option in PT LE.

After you select MPEG Layer-3 in bounce option window, the next window is called mp3. You can type " Title,Album,Artist..."
The title is what people see as the file name when they open it with Quick Time Player for example. You can intentionally type ".mp3" if you need. ----(1)

After you click OK, now you save the file and type the file name again.
Will be Automatically added mp3 extension. ---(2)
This file name can be renamed after saved. Means it is not problem if you make mistake to type the name.

If you type exactly same name at (1) and (2), it does not matter.
But I just would like to remind you that if you send your file to someone, most of people would open your file with the name which you typed at (1).
Old 02-10-2002, 03:00 PM

if you make a selection with the i-beam on the top-row so all your tracks gets selected, that portion will be bounced. If you select nothing, everything will be bounced. Go t file/bounce to disk, select Mpeg1 layer 3, stereo interleaved file, and just let the samplerate for what it is. Choose convert after bounce. Then you get the mp3-screen. Select 128kb/s, that will give a good quality/size compromise. Select the quality for the encoding. Tweak head is the best....but you have to be patient. Fill out the year....my pc complains about the year 0 . Make sure you have nothing connected to your active aux-channels (will be recorded also into your mp3...) that shouldnt be there.

Then you'll get a standard save-box. Make sure you add the extension .mp3....otherwise pc-users cant play it...

Good luck

Bastiaan
Old 02-10-2002, 04:08 PM

thanks, guys. . . appreciate it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]