Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2013, 11:13 PM

Default Eleven Rack stuck at splash screen.

So I've had an Eleven Rack rack for a couple years and I've never had a problem with it. Today I can home and when I tried to use it it just went to the boot screen with the Eleven Rack logo and just stayed there. I can't get it to boot no matter what I try, it always stays at the splash screen. I've tried resetting it and it doesn't work and I've tried it with and without the rack plugged into the computer (I normally use it standalone). I've tried Google and nothing has worked. Does anyone have any ideas for what could be going on? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack stuck at splash screen.

So you have tried the hard reset as detailed in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXTW5_A2C64

And it is still stuck on the boot screen?

If so, the only thing I can think of would be to unplug the 11R for 10 minutes or so and let it sit, then try turning ON and OFF and trying the reset again.

If that does not work, you will need to contact Avid.
http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-center

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-19-2013, 11:21 AM

Yeah I tried the reset in that video.

What ASC do I need to buy for this?
Old 12-29-2013, 05:52 PM

Hi,

I am having the same issue, I contacted who I bought it from and they advised I had to contact Avid.

I turn the Eleven Rack on and the Splash screen just cycles over and over again, it dose not boot up.

I have tried all resets.
I have tried to force a Firmware update through the USB Via PC, however it no longer recognizes that it is even connected, This is out of warranty now, and I am not sure what my options Are, I am Sydney Australia, and the place I bought It off seem to have washed there hands of it, So has anyone had this issue and had it resolved? Does it have to get sent back for repairs, If so Who and where do I contact?

I would really appreciate anyone's help on this, because as always something always goes wrong when you need it working the most.

Thanks
Old 12-29-2013, 06:49 PM

You can try contacting Avid support, calling to schedule a hardware repair does not require an ASC (just carefully navigate the phone menu), but Avid _might_ want you to go though some debugging first with an ASC, if you have tried what is in the video listed above I'd resist doing that.

But given you are in Australia I would just contact an Authorized Avid repair center and see what the likely cost of a service is goign to be. Details here http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/en210711

And given its out of warranty and I expect the repair cost may be similar to just buying a used unit--so you may be better off just opening it up and seeing if there are any obvious loose cable/connectors etc. inside and if that does not work then buy another unit on EBay or similar. Remember the serial number on your unit may still be usable for a Pro Tools 11 upgrade even if the unit does not work, so hang onto at least the serial number.

Darryl
Old 01-05-2014, 07:41 PM

Yes I suspect its going to be pricey.

I have opened it up all the cables are Glued down.

Has anyone had this issue sent it off and had it repaired? how much was it, as there is only one place here i Aus, and they want $165 just to quote(Which comes off the repair) plus the delivery we are looking at nearly $250 before they have started.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMISHHOWARD View Post
Yes I suspect its going to be pricey.

I have opened it up all the cables are Glued down.

Has anyone had this issue sent it off and had it repaired? how much was it, as there is only one place here i Aus, and they want $165 just to quote(Which comes off the repair) plus the delivery we are looking at nearly $250 before they have started.
If the cables are glued down as you say still see if you can unplug and reseat all cables. Sometimes connections can oxidize even though nothing has been disconnected. The act of disconnecting and reconnecting can oftentimes wipe clean the contacts. Of course do this with the AC mains disconnected. I've had this happen before in music stuff - my PolyEvolver rack mount synth went bonkers and I did what I wrote here and it's been working just fine since (over a year).

QAPLA!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:24 PM

I had the same issue and got around the same quote from the same ARC. I'm also in oz.

If I was you I would turn it into a garden ornament and get a new one. I just pulled the trigger recently and managed to score a brand new one from the US for roughly $460au shipped to the door from ebay.
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2
Old 01-18-2014, 12:43 AM

My 11R just did this trick today. Played fine in the morning, then 20 minutes later I booted it up and it hung at the start screen. I've tried everything - all the usual resets with REV + FX LOOP pressed etc, but not dice.

Since I'm in Australia too I think this might be a pretty doorstop - unless anyone has ideas?

Such a shame, I was just getting into this beauty.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Interceptor View Post
My 11R just did this trick today. Played fine in the morning, then 20 minutes later I booted it up and it hung at the start screen. I've tried everything - all the usual resets with REV + FX LOOP pressed etc, but not dice.

Since I'm in Australia too I think this might be a pretty doorstop - unless anyone has ideas?

Such a shame, I was just getting into this beauty.
Try this (it sometimes works when a piece of equipment hangs up and none of the usual remedies works): unplug the 11R from the AC mains and leave unplugged for a few minutes. I would also unplug everything else from the 11R as well when you unplug it from the wall socket. The plug just the 11R back in to the mains and see if it starts up okay.

QAPLA!