Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2017, 12:31 AM

Default Setup second S3L & İnput sharing ?

Hi friends.
Tomorrow im gonna make show in my stage via second avid S3 L console (rent).
I know basic connection between i/o box (basic daisy chain).
But i dont know any idea how can i make stage/input sharing ?
İ have some question about it;

1- For input sharing do i have to make setting in menus ? my os 4.5.3.3
2- i dont know rental avids os if its not same with my setup, is it make problem ?
3- How can i manage Gain control between two avid (1 foh, 1 monitor). İ mean how can i manage wihich one master which one slave.
4- İf i dont make redundant connection between engines is it make problem ?
Old 12-11-2017, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Setup second S3L & İnput sharing ?

I think you can NOT use two S3 on the same Eucon connection/computer yet.

Eddie Jones who are the Eucon guy here at Avid said that two S3 controllers can't be used at the same time and doesn't know when that will be implemented so how are you thinking to setup this with two of them?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-11-2017, 12:42 AM

A no no, İts not a computer situation. İts all live sound/stage situation, in stage there will be 3 İ/o box, 2 seperate E3enginee, 2 seperate S3 controller.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:43 AM

Aha Got it! Thought you wanted to run teo S3 on the same computer.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-11-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakibaba View Post
Hi friends.
Tomorrow im gonna make show in my stage via second avid S3 L console (rent).
I know basic connection between i/o box (basic daisy chain).
But i dont know any idea how can i make stage/input sharing ?
İ have some question about it;

1- For input sharing do i have to make setting in menus ? my os 4.5.3.3
2- i dont know rental avids os if its not same with my setup, is it make problem ?
3- How can i manage Gain control between two avid (1 foh, 1 monitor). İ mean how can i manage wihich one master which one slave.
4- İf i dont make redundant connection between engines is it make problem ?
1. No, see answer number 3

2. I'm quite sure they must share the same OS version. Before connecting anything together make sure all systems are running the latest OS, stage boxes included, update systems as needed.

3. One system must be selected as Master to the stage boxes, the other one will be forced to be Slave. You can have it setup so, that one system is master to only selected IO boxes and the other system takes the rest. Master status gives access to the Outputs of that box, so keep that in mind when you choose what system Masters what IO boxes. You choose the master by the order you connect the stage boxes to the system. After you have updated the desks connect all up, if any stage box is automatically connected to any of the systems just go in and unassign all of them. Once they are all available start assigning boxes to the systems in the order you want them to be managed: Example - with 4 Stage 16 boxes you like to have them so, that Engine 1 wants to have 3 first Stage 16 boxes so it has the access to first 24 outputs and then the second Engine 2 only needs to have the last Stage 16 to itself to also have 8 outputs. In this case you start to assign available Stage 16 boxes first to the Engine 1 system and as you add them they appear with Master sign on them on the system1 and at the same time they appear in the system2 with Slave sign. After you have Assigned first 3 boxes to the Engine1 you go over to the Engine2 and assign the last Stage16 to the Engine2. This way Engine2 has three first stage boxes as Slaves and the last one as Master. First Engine 1 is now responsible for preamp control for three first stage boxes and Engine 2 is responsible for preamp control of the last stage box. Beautiful thing is that when either one system changes gain the other system is not affected as the systems automatically compensate.

4. For Redundancy connect all in one big ring like:
Stage1A > Stage2B >Stage2A > Stage3B > Stage3A > Stage4B > Stage4A > Engine1B > Engine1A > Engine2B > Engine2A > Stage1B.
If you cannot make the ring it still works.