How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-1999, 05:42 PM

Default Re: HUI Electromagnetic Field (Part 2) The sequel

Fellow HUI Users,

I too had the aforementioned sticky fader problem, and solved it in the following manner: I ran a length of Monster Cable from one of the screws on the bottom of the HUI (the ones on the perimiter, screwed into the chassis) to a copper water pipe in a corner of my control room. Problem solved. Hope this helps.

Garry Rindfuss
Old 10-09-1999, 09:48 AM

Default Re: HUI Electromagnetic Field (Part 2) The sequel

To tell you the truth, I think Mackie has dropped the ball on HUI. Their R&D is concentrating on making their own DAW. The last time I talked to Mackie, they don't even get current updates from Digi to test the HUI with!. The HUI has the potential to be a very exandable unit (Fader packs/ethernet) but it still basically the same unit since it's release. They did however change the faders due to the problems with the original ones. I did have problems with faders also. But after the third one, I got one that I've been happy with. Also the tech at Mackie said that if anyone has a continual fader problem they would take the unit back and refund your money.