Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2003, 12:37 AM

Default Black MIDI Notes??and no Playback??

Well here i go again with another MIDI problem.Tonight from out of nowhere all my midi notes went black in color and i can't hear them during playback.Guessing that OMS got out of whack somehow i check all my setings and came up with nothing.So then i trashed OMS and EVERYTHING else that was related to Pro tools and did a new install by the manual and that didn't fix the problem either(black midi notes).I still can't figure out what's going on?????anyone have any suggestion's on what to do??What would cause OMS to just,out of the blue go crazy on me like that?I've been up and running fine for a month or so......anyway help would be great [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2003, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Black MIDI Notes??and no Playback??

This freaked me out once too.

What's happened is Pro Tools has lost contact with your OMS "Current Studio Set-up", and because Pro Tools now no longer knows what's in your studio, it sets all MIDI track outputs to 'none'.

To fix it, reassign all MIDI track outputs to their respective devices.

Why does this happen? I don't know, but if you've been playing around with different "Studio Set-ups" in OMS, then perhaps this could occur. Or maybe OMS/Pro Tools failed jsut once to correctly read your "Studio Set-up" when launching the session.

Anyway, it shouldn't take too long to get things up and running again.

Phil
Old 01-19-2003, 10:29 AM

Thanks,it worked [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .....But i still can't understand why that happenned.I guess it's one of those OMS phenomenon's.What gets me is that some session's were not affected at all while others were really screwed up.I even lost a couple of midi tracks in one session!.....a little off topic and it may be posted on digi's sight somewhere but does anyone know if PT 6 will still use OMS?..i hope not
Old 01-19-2003, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by B-man:
a little off topic and it may be posted on digi's sight somewhere but does anyone know if PT 6 will still use OMS?..i hope not
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">PT6 will only run on OS-X.

OMS will not run on OS-X.

However, OMS designer Doug Wyatt is now working for Apple and has incorporated OMS-like facilities into the OS itself.

At least we can be sure Apple will offer continual MIDI support, unlike Gibson in the demise of Opcode (OMS).

Phil