How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2014, 01:10 AM

Default Reopen AVID support case? [solved]

Dear fellow members,

I have been in contact with the Avid Support concerning PT 9 to 10 upgrade eligibility, using the ASC code sent to me after registering. I was then prompted to send a scan of the purchase invoice but, since it took a while for me to find it, the support case had been terminated by the time I tried to send it (I missed it by about 14 days).
As far as I can tell from the AVID homepage, the only way to get in touch with anyone and send the scan at this moment is to buy a new ASC code. This costs 36 euros, which feels like a lot of money for something that I think i should not even have had to use my ASC code on in the first place and now is only a continuation of my original case.

Does anyone know of a way to reopen Avid support cases or another way to solve this without having to pay for a new code?

Thanks in advance,
Mattias
Old 01-14-2014, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Reopen AVID support case?

Seems unfair, but get used to it. When I went to use one of my ASC codes for a simple question, I was informed all three had expired and would have to buy more. Apparently there is a use by date. Great product; disappointing support.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:37 AM

Actually, you did not have to use a support code in the first place, and you don't have to now either.

Because this type of thing falls under registration/activation support, and that is free.

There is a place on the website to get in touch with them for this type of support. Just do that (you may need to start a registration case), and be sure to reference the communication that has already taken place, so they don't have to start from the beginning.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Actually, you did not have to use a support code in the first place, and you don't have to now either.

Because this type of thing falls under registration/activation support, and that is free.

There is a place on the website to get in touch with them for this type of support. Just do that (you may need to start a registration case), and be sure to reference the communication that has already taken place, so they don't have to start from the beginning.
This worked out perfectly, I even got a license for PT11!
Thank you!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:52 AM

Great! Glad it worked out.