Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2013, 04:39 PM

Default Can't get plugs to authorize on fresh install

Very long story short. I have a PT 7.4.2LE with an 003 console. I have not used this system in quite a while when I went to fire it up the Macbook Pro that was running it had died(this was a hardware failure not a hard drive failure). I was fortunate that I saved all of my audio files on an external drive. However PT and all the plugs were on the original drive I have a a first generation Ilok that has several assets which I have purchased a few years ago. Some are TDM because at one time I had and HD system.

I have picked up and old imac for the PT system and installed 10.5 which was the last OSX for PT 7.4.2 which is what I had been using

I can not get the URS plugs to authorize

Here are the plugs that are on the ilok but will not authorize

URS N series EQ TDM RTAS AS
URS 1980 Compressor TDM RTAS AU VST
URS A10 series EQ TDM RTAS AS
URS A series EQ TDM RTAS AS
URS S series EQ TDM RTAS AS
URS 1975 Compressor TDM RTAS AU VST
URS Fulltec EQ TDM RTAS AU VST
URS 1975 Compressor TDM RTAS AU VST
URS N12 series EQ TDM RTAS AS
URS 1970 Compressor TDM RTAS AU VST

I downloaded the current "everything eq" and "everything compressors" installs. Unfortunately I also got a trial authorization at the same time, so now there are2 assets on the ilok, the original one with no expiration and the current trial which expires in a couple of days. When I pull up protools it will ask me to "Try,Buy, Quit" on each on the URS plugs that I have in the (Volumes/Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign) folder. So PT is looking at the trial authorization not the original

Any idea on how to get the URS plugs to authorize?
Thanks
Ricnard
Old 11-30-2013, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Can't get plugs to authorize on fresh install

Hi

Have you tried to just deactivate the trial versions on your ilok and reinstall the plugin installer when you only have the correct licenses on the ilok.

And make sure after you reinstalled the plugins after deactivating the demo licenses to trash preferences and plists aswell as DAE folders and restart.

You can read how to trash prefs and dae folders and don't forget the avid and digi plists so PT can rescan all the plugins again, takes a few minutes depending on how many plugins you have but it will only rescan once after deleting the files described here :http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

Good Luck
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————