Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 01-09-2021, 12:46 PM

Default Dear DUC: New AVID Feedback System That Might Work!

Well, actually its NOT new at all. When they took down ideascale, they added a feedback and requests section to Avid Link Lounges. The problem?

Nobody is in there. Like no one. There are tons of one-off suggestions with no user interaction. Where are you DUC?

My suggestion: We need to start banding together and formulating our ideas here concisely, and then creating posts in the Feedback Avid Link Lounge that either have an attached petition with signatures or we bombard the suggestion we've formulated as a group with likes and comments.

I'm not saying it will work 100% but I don't see this being tried, and this is supposedly the way Avid would like to receive feedback.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Dear DUC: New AVID Feedback System That Might Work!

I don’t understand why Avid has to invert on an app to have feedback from customers while having DUC.

And why Avid is not here, reading us?

Is it because in reality they don’t want to listen to us?

It’s really weird.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
I don’t understand why Avid has to invert on an app to have feedback from customers while having DUC.

And why Avid is not here, reading us?

Is it because in reality they don’t want to listen to us?

It’s really weird.
The DUC is a forum, it becomes laborious to scan through threads trying to parse out all the information. That's why ideascale was great since you could post an idea and it would get voted on. I'm not sure why they got rid of it except for what I can only imagine (or hope) is some kind of aggregator via the Feedback Lounge that allows them to collect that data in a way that isn't overwhelming for the different teams.

Gonna keep trying to get this idea to catch on, bc complaining here where they don't see is clearly not helping.

Last edited by NateAlexander; 01-09-2021 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-09-2021, 03:59 PM

The eucon side of things has a product designer regularly skimming the forums to offer help and field requests. If Avid hasn't allocated someone to do the same for software concerns then I reckon that's a deliberate choice. My read on things is that if they cared what users thought then someone would be on here a few hours a day engaging with users.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:24 AM

Sorting through the ideascale and encouraging engagement and feeding back to AVID the good ideas and then feeding back AVID's responses to the user base could have been one person's full time job. When they shut ideascale I copied all my favourite (and popular) bug fix requests and feature requests to the lounge. Guess what - zero AVID interaction. Zero AVID interaction with their own brand new baby that they would have been encouraging if they sincerely wanted user engagement. I'd have loved it if AVID even responded with "Yeah we see that's a bug but it's too much hassle/money to fix so you're just going to have to live with it". At least you'd know. But nothing - no engagement at all. They don't give a

Your idea of brigading onto the lounges would work if AVID sincerely cared about implementing user feedback. Their actions show otherwise.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:30 PM

Why would a company spend time and money fixing something when people keep paying them anyway ?

eg My last $399 1-year support plan got me Audio>MIDI drag-and-drop from the desktop (so far). Wow. What a deal.

The question is . . . will I have remembered the lesson next time my renewal comes up ? I'm predicting that I will.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:54 PM

I do have to agree, the few times I've been on AVID Link's ideas lounge it seems to be completely one way traffic with no real interaction except for occasional interaction from other users. I think either AVID should respond with ideas they like and have added into their cue to note what they are working on, and have that list be searchable.... oh wait I think I'm describing Ideascale.... gahh why did they shut that down? It makes no since. It was working pretty well I thought. Maybe we can have a ProTools ideas category here on DUC? But then that is going to become a mess too. I have no solutions.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcowe View Post
oh wait I think I'm describing Ideascale.... gahh why did they shut that down? It makes no since..
I assume it was because it hadn’t the same marketing vision as Avids. It was the only channel where we could reach to them, and they shut the door. At least this is what it seems.

And after that we receive a questionnaire with limited questions of their interest only...

I don’t know...it’s weird and selfish at the same time. I understand it’s a business, but listening to the customer for real (not only presume about it) it’s key to any business...

Correct me if I said anything wrong and I’ll stand corrected.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:04 AM

My guess is Avid is paying attention to the business customers who have invested in many systems, control surfaces and are big players in the post production world. They are employing the 80/20 rule. 80% of their business comes from 20% of their customers. I am not one of those customers. As a result, I don’t spend a whole lot of time and effort reporting bugs, reproducing bugs, logging tickets, etc. I’m certain Avid knows about them, and when a bug gets to be a big enough problem for somebody important, it will get fixed. Apparently, nobody important enough is using VI and MIDI. So those bugs are likely a low priority. Seems that high visibility users like Hans Zimmer have moved on from Pro Tools to Logic. They probably got tired of waiting for Avid to catch up to other DAWs. Of course Avid is ahead in the post production feature set, but many DAWs can do things with VI tracks and MIDI that Pro Tools may never implement. The ROI just isn’t there. Now, if you want an audio manufacturer that responds and is active on message boards, mention Steven Slate and he may even respond personally! He does it all the time.
PT 2021.10 Ultimate HDX, Dual Slate Raven MTi2, HD IO 16x16, Mac Pro 6.1 2013 on Mojave 10.14.6, 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, Neve 1073OPX(2), Slate VSX, Focal Solo Be6, Roland V-Drums, DW drums, too many VI’s and plug ins to mention.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:13 AM

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412995

You guys know about this right?