Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2015, 10:43 AM

Default Problem with Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 with Pro Tools 11 on Windows 7

Hello!

I recently got my new Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, hoping to improve my workstation at home.

First off, I used Avids own Fast Track Solo with Pro Tools 11.3 on Windows 7. Recording worked fine and all but when I was streaming videos from Youtube and such, the audio could suddenly burst into extremly high levels of static wich litteraly would scare the [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] out of me.

However, since the outputs for the Fast Track Solo didn't really work out with my Yamaha HS7 monitors, i decided to upgrade to a Scarlett 2i4.

Well off, got the 2i4 yesterday, downloaded the "Windows : Focusrite USB 2 Driver-2.5.1 exe" and streamed audio sounded perfect, at least on Spotify and Youtube.
But, from what i've seen before on this forum and at other places, the 2.5.1 driver isn't compitable with Pro Tools 11.

Then, I followed the suggestions posted and downloaded the 3.1.10.221 beta driver. This really made the problem worse... Now I'm getting clicks and "pops" while streaming audio through Spotify, and Pro Tools won't even respond.. I'm getting a lot of error messages like "AAE can't get audio from the driver(s) fast enough" (attaching image) when opening older projects. And when I start a new project, the playhead just rushes forward, like I'm hitting some fast forward button when I'm actually pressing the play button.

I never encountered problems like this with the Fast Track Solo, why is this happening? And why are there clicks and "pops"? Is that a known issue for the Windows drivers?

Please answer, I'm getting more sick of this every day...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (72.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2015, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Problem with Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 with Pro Tools 11 on Windows 7

Hi There,

Sorry to hear you are having some issues with your interface. If you haven't done so already, please contact us directly so that we can troubleshoot and hopefully resolve your issue for you. You can do this here:

http://global.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Thanks,

Will
Focusrite
Old 01-16-2015, 04:02 AM

Sent! Thank you!
Old 01-22-2015, 09:30 AM

No driver seems to provide a solution for the problem here...
Changed to Rolands Quad Capture Ua-55 and it seems to work fine!
Old 01-23-2015, 02:17 PM
Focusrite

Hi Bloodstone_90

Can you PM me your email address so I can look into your case.

Best,
Christian