Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-16-2021, 10:08 AM

Default S3 Soloing causes channel pans to centre bug?

This is strange one.

I’m wanting to solo multiple tracks that are selected in PT. Pressing option+shift on the Mac keyboard, then a solo button on the S3 on one of the selected tracks solo’s all the selected tracks as expected. But, and here’s the problem, it also centres the left pan of every stereo channel in the selection. It’s happening intermittently unfortunately. It’s occurring quite a lot though and I’ve actually seen the left pan centre in PT’s mixer many times.

....And a question for which I should probably RTFM. Is the option for plug-in windows to open automatically when selecting a track JUST a EUCON preference or is there a keyboard command in PT that turns this on and off? I ask because I keep selecting solos in PT along with shift or command or option+shift (not sure which yet) and suddenly a plug-in window starts opening whenever I select a track.
Old 01-16-2021, 02:42 PM

Default Re: S3 Soloing causes channel pans to centre bug?

Shooting from the hip:
Problem 1-Cam't think of a reason for this to happen, so trashing prefs would probably be my best suggestion(this is always worth a try for any odd behavior, and this sounds odd to me)

Problem 2-almost certainly a setting in EUCON

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-18-2021, 08:18 AM

Doesn't the 1st problem sound like hardware? Same problem others have run into with early units randomly centering pans (I think Bob K posted about a similar issue) - if multiiple tracks are selected and shift-opt held down when the problem occurs it would center all selected tracks.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 01-18-2021, 05:16 PM
Avid

I'm not sure about the first issue but will look out for it. The 2nd one is most likely the settings EuControl that control attentioning and then displaying plugin windows. Take a look at the general tab, turn off the open plugin option and see if thats it.
Old 01-20-2021, 01:19 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I’ve just got to the bottom of the first issue and it’s a case of super-embarrassing user error. When I hit option+shift on the Mac keyboard + solo on the S3 I’m occasionally brushing against the rotary encoders on the S3 which is set to left pan. It takes the slightest touch! Duh.

Second issue: What I don’t get here is that engaging solos in the PT edit window with keyboard modifiers is enabling plug-in windows automatically opening on track selection in PT.