Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-06-2005, 07:34 AM

Default 002 power supply/bad power harness? please help :(

ok i bought a digi 02 about a year and a half ago on ebay. the digi 02 has worked fine and brought me much joy since i've had it. in the last two months when i power it up it will work sometimes and stay on for hours but most of the time it will flicker and click off and on, stick on validate, sometimes go blank and sometimes the lcd screens will have little specs all over them.

when i turn it off and on several times, tilt it or have it leaning a certain way when this happens it sometimes will work for hours or just continue to be a nightmare. the power supply that i have plugged into it is within the right voltage field but is a 10a size and has always worked, i believe it's what came with it when i got it. i was going to try and replace the power supply but from the research i've done it sounds like a bad power harness.

does this sound like a bad power harness or something else? oh and i do have a first generation digi02

also, if it is a bad power harness how much would a brand new one cost? because obviously since i purchased it on ebay nearly 2 years ago i'm gonna have to pay.

if any one could help me out i would greatly appreciate it because i have an album to record this month and it's driving me nuts
Old 08-06-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: 002 power supply/bad power harness? please hel

Sounds like the power harness. You should also doe a'transfer of ownership' with the original owner unlees they never registered it. Contact Digi.

I have to give Digi alot of credit when it comes to customer support.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: 002 power supply/bad power harness? please help :(

i got exactly the same problem to the letter . it must be known about . if i get any information i will pass on to you ...

good luck
Old 08-06-2005, 05:18 PM

Come on guys, just clean and reseat the connectors and get back to work. I've explained it several times so a search should find the instructions if you aren't bold enough to dive in like me.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-06-2005, 05:45 PM

Do anybody have this information on cleaning the connector illustrated somewhere? pdf file, web page somthing. An see that this is such a major problem why cant I find any help information on this in digidesign regular ducumentation, Only a bunch of people talking about how thier equipment crapping out in these forums. I had a vibe going for like 1/2hr and the eissh just start validating, KilLTT the vibe. I swaer I spend more time truobleshooting these equipment then getting any creative mixing done.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:09 PM

actually i've been searching for the instructions to clean it but haven't found anything but people saying to clean it or replace it. is there a pdf file or instructions anywhere ? i've already tried a search on the site.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Come on guys, just clean and reseat the connectors and get back to work. I've explained it several times so a search should find the instructions if you aren't bold enough to dive in like me.
albee your info on the other thread is great and I will try it. But come on albee, this is the second and even third time around for some of us. It should work out of the box. I dont want to, nor should I have to, rip it out of my rack every six months to service what seems to be an oxidation problem according to your other post.

Digi told me it was because of the wrong guage wire used. Well, I question that, now that the problem is showing up a second and even third time for some of us. And try explaining to a client standing there waiting around.

Time to put that old trusty 001 back in the rack and the 002 on ebay.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Hi Albee, just wanted to give you a shout and say thanks regarding the Digi002 Rack. I lost it this week. It just went dead on me while trying to perform the PT LE 6.9.2cs2. But I came across this thread on how to repair it and it worked. It was just as you described it. I cleaned the connectors, but didn't really notice any dirt. I guess it just needed to be reset. I'm still gonna call Digidesign tomorrow for a new power harness. Thanks again. Just one question you might be able to answer. With the PT LE 6.9.2cs2 update, if I pull down the ProTools LE menu at the top left of the program and click on About ProTools LE, shouldn't it show 6.9.2cs2? Mine still shows 6.9.2 Thanks.