Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-25-2010, 01:20 PM

Default Cannot Ungroup Drums in edit window PT LE 8 ANYONE Asap...

I need to ungroup my drums in the edit window so that I can edit individual drum tracks...blah blah blah......I have my drum tracks grouped, (in mix and edit) I ungroup them in the mix window, I delete the group completely, and they are still grouped in the edit window....even regrouping just mix still maintains the edit group.....ODD.......Can anyone help me PLEASE.......
Old 03-25-2010, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Cannot Ungroup Drums in edit window PT LE 8 ANYONE Asap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstudios;
I need to ungroup my drums in the edit window so that I can edit individual drum tracks...blah blah blah......I have my drum tracks grouped, (in mix and edit) I ungroup them in the mix window, I delete the group completely, and they are still grouped in the edit window....even regrouping just mix still maintains the edit group.....ODD.......Can anyone help me PLEASE.......
sounds like u have the tracks selected and u have edit and track selection linked.
Unlink the edit / track selection or unselect the tracks.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:56 PM

I tried that before this post....It is like it is stuck in a group.......any other ideas...
Old 03-25-2010, 03:01 PM

I got it......the edit windows has a drum group also....bottom left of screen arrow.....so both windows (edit and mix) have group cababilities depending on how you set it up in your group main window.....HOWEVER...the mix and edit window groups should correspond with each other...meaning if you turn a group off in the edit window, the mix group will turn off also.....I had an extra drum group in the edit window, that I deleted from the mix window....so regardless of turning it off in the mix window, it stayed as an edit group...Thanks
Old 03-25-2010, 05:28 PM

cmd+shft+g

Derek Jones Linkedin
Megatrax Recording Studios
Megatrax Studios Yelp Page
A-list Music Artist Page