Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2019, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwn..................
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 09-03-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikDraw View Post
When they doubled the price, I updated for 2 more years at the original price, and I started using Studio One for all new work. No problems, no crashes, I've mostly gotten used to the S1 workflow. Then I had to go back to PT for an older project. Latency was a bit high, so I switched my sample buffer. Crash!

I don't work with other studios, so PT compatibility is not important to me. I think I'm pretty much done with Pro Tools. Paying for updates that bring nothing new, and dealing with crashes, not to mention the high CPU load that I don't get in S1. Pro Tools just makes no sense for me any more.

Yep. Same here. S1 runs like a dream. Not one crash or stutter in 3 months.
Avid will not receive another cent from me. They are taking their users for a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2019, 02:56 PM

I'm pretty happy with the state of PT at the moment. It's running stable (knock on wood) and has all the features I need.
That's why I'm not going to continue my plan. I already had it lapse for about three years in the past, and I didn't miss out on nearly anything. After three years I got enough features and saved enough so that the reinstatement was worth it. So this is going to be another three years or so for me using what I have.

It's not that the annual fee bothers me. I'd gladly pay it if Avid was keeping their promise to constantly deliver updates. However minor they might be. Just give us a monthly bugfix release. Some under the hood stuff with a few more noticeable things every other release - that would already do it for me.
But paying for a plan basically just out of fear of falling off that plan is plain idiocy. That's a game of extortion Avid will have to play without me.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 09-04-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige108 View Post
Yep. Same here. S1 runs like a dream. Not one crash or stutter in 3 months.
Avid will not receive another cent from me. They are taking their users for a ride.

And, at no charge, PreSonus released another S1 update yesterday.
Fewer issues than PT, and updates at least twice as often. This PT pay-for-nothing just in case model just doesn't work!
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs
Old 09-04-2019, 10:59 AM

Yeah, I'd been intending on keeping up the renewal policy for a couple of years, but due to the lack of updates this year, and since they upped the price (They did up it for educational did they?), I probably wont go beyond December..

An update with a few midi improvements in the mean time would be handy..
Old 09-04-2019, 05:39 PM

Im coming at it from the other way. Id GLADLY pay the subscription fee, no problems, as long as I get what i want , which is an amazing multitudinous FOLDER SYSTEM, for clips , with a whole bunch of ways to sort and order folders and clips etcetc. until then I'll keep making money with my long paid off PT10, of which theyll see none, until I get my folders, AAANNDD they fix that idiotic workspace to make it function usefully.......why not just do a cost/benefit analysis and BUY OUT Soundminer?!!?!?!? and the ability to get rid of the ugly Windows Vista color scheme .....a note track that follows like SoundFlow sorta.......bla bla bla.....
Old 09-04-2019, 06:32 PM

All of these arguments against Avid's subscription plan without enough content to warrant the plan are valid. Unfortunately, I don't see Avid changing course unless they feel it in their pockets. If enough users let their subscriptions lapse, that will force Avid to either improve their content release output to warrant the subscription plan or to get rid of the subscription model altogether.

https://soundcloud.com/jason-kalman
Old 09-04-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
All of these arguments against Avid's subscription plan without enough content to warrant the plan are valid. Unfortunately, I don't see Avid changing course unless they feel it in their pockets. If enough users let their subscriptions lapse, that will force Avid to either improve their content release output to warrant the subscription plan or to get rid of the subscription model altogether.

Or perhaps people have started doing that and their response was instead, to raise the pricing to make up the loss.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:09 PM

[QUOTE=Sardi;2537174]Or perhaps people have started doing that and their response was instead, to raise the pricing to make up the loss.

I think you just hit the nail on the head.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
LOL this old chestnut again........ yawwwwwn..... got ready for the whingestream
Maybe just ignore it? Why click, type, hit "Submit Reply?" Seems odd.