Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2019, 03:20 PM

Default PT 2019 Dynamic Transport Meddling

I have been using Pro Tools for 15 years or so. I have continually upgraded, subscribed to this change or the other, often seeing little changes nor apparent improvements for the extra outlay, but without complaint. Now I come to this latest "update", 2019.

After a fortnight trying to get it to install, I eventually managed it, loaded up the session I was working on in 2018 and prepared to carry on where I left off expecting nothing new except perhaps some improved system stability. Within two minutes I have hit snag number one. The dynamic transport does not function as it has in every version since I have been using Pro-Tools.

Normally I make a timeline selection and with the dynamic transport mode enabled, the transport updates to start at the point I select and continues to loop from my new timeline selection. Thus I can randomly (if necessary) jump around making timeline selections and quickly and easily edit wherever I need to. But. 2019 decides to ditch that feature, apparently, so now when I make a timeline selection, I have to manually click within the new selection to make it update to where I want it, but I also have to wait until the previous loop cycle has finished before it will update. That means an awful lot of extra non-necessary mouse clicking and time wasting.

Please. Don't tell me that if I want the previous Dynamic Transport functionality in 2019 I have got to spend £800 a year extra to "upgrade" to PT Ultimate? Because if I do, I'll be a-goin' right back to 2018 which is where I'll stay and there'll be no more dosh appearing out of my wallet.

Correct me if I am wrong here but if this is the case it is the most underhanded cynical trick I have witnessed yet from AVID, may be time to move to Harrison Mixbus. Alternatively I do apologise if I am somehow not using it correctly, but I can't see any other way, no prefs choices are available.