Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2015, 03:15 PM

Default Music Plays over vocals?

hi, yes i have recently instaled pro tools LE on a diffrent computer and now when i load a track with music on it into pro tools then start recording vocals when i play the vocals i can hear the backround track that i upload very slighty how can i record where its just vocals and the background music is not playing over the vocals?
Old 01-25-2015, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Music Plays over vocals?

please review the Help Us Help You link at the top of the page

there is a lot of information that you have not given us, so we can not help you with out it

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 01-25-2015, 05:09 PM

it is hard to explain i can load a instrumental into pro tools and hit the record button and you can hear the instrumental playing slighty in the background after i play whats been recorded shouldent there be total silence after the final recording and no background instrumental?
Old 01-25-2015, 06:04 PM

We have *no* idea what you are doing.

"Load an instrument" what instrument into what exact track? An audio track or an instrument track? If it's an audio recording of an instrument then it needs to be an audio not an instrument track. If it's a MIDI recording/virtual instrument then it needs to be an instrument track.

"Hit the record button" for what? Recording to the same or a separate track? Again, an audio or instrument track? Recording exactly what (in plain English)? A vocal microphone (what exact model mic plugged into what hardware/interface). etc. e.g. some basic description that people here have any chance of workign out what you are actually doing. Which is why you were pointed at the "Help us help you..." link.

But stepping back, it seems you are just getting started and have never used Pro Tools before? Or any other DAW? If so the random-walk try things and ask questions approach is almost certainly going to fail. You should start with playing with sample/demo sessions that came with Pro Tools, following basic tutorials, especially looking at lots of the useful beginner videos on You Tube, and reading the Pro Tools Reference Guide (it's huge but fantastic). Then if you are stuck on a specific thing come back here an ask a question for that, ideally quoting where in what demo/tutorial/instructions you are having problems. Pro Tools is just unfortunately so complex that just trying to fumble through using it often ends in tears (or takes much longer than starting with tutorials/documentation etc.).

If you have a question about recording stuff to tracks, make clear what you are seeing, are meters moving (on what tracks)? Are waveforms present on the tracks? Post screen shots of the edit window showing things as clearly as possible.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:06 PM

Are you recording using a microphone? Sounds like your mic is picking up bleed from the headphones your using. Maybe? I'm not sure I really understand what your problem is, but this was the first thing that came to mind
-Neil