Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2007, 06:00 AM

Default 7.3.1cs4 & cs5 Clocking Bug

I was hoping that cs5 would fix this problem but unfortunately it's still happening.

I clock my 192 I/O from a Cranesong HEDD via wordclock, I've been doing this for about 4 years without too many problems until 7.3.1.

Ok now here is the bug - if I have a session open that is operating at 96kHz & I close it, physically change the clock on the HEDD to match the new session which is usually 88.2kHz then open the new session Pro Tools loads the session very slowly giving me the spinning beach ball for a few minutes until it finally opens at which point it shows the session as having greyed out channels with no voice assignment at first. If I wait long enough (spinning beach ball) it eventually assigns the voices & seems to be working as usual until you try to do anything like insert a plugin, then it gives the spinning beach ball again for a couple of minutes. It's like everything you try to do takes a really long time. If I close the session or quit Pro Tools at this point it usually 'unexpectedly quits' out with an OS error. I can repeat this bug all day long & it also happens going from an 88.2kHz session to a 96kHz session. I've trashed all the prefs & Digi databases, rebuilt permissions, done a clean install but I still get the same results. Can someone from Digi please test & confirm this & release a fix please?

The only way I've found to work around this is to close the previous (96kHz) session, change the clock on the HEDD to the new sample rate (88.2kHz) & then open the 'Hardware' preference panel & change the sample rate there on all the drop down menus to match the new sample rate before opening the new session. This is really annoying to have to do this each time & I've not had to do this with previous versions of Pro Tools 6.x thru 7.x. very frustrating.

Matt

Dual 2.3GHz G5, 2GB RAM, 2x250GB 7200rpm HDD. HD3 ACCEL, 192 Digital I/O, PT's 7.3.1cs5, OSX 10.4.9

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia