Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2014, 09:31 PM

Default Mac Pro with VI Labs Ravenscroft - Can't record under 128 Buffer size.

Hello.

So I just bought the VI Labs Ravenscroft instrument via the UVI Workstation. It sounds great, but I can't get it to record comfortably while under 128 buffer size...

I am using a black mac pro with 3.7ghz quad core and 12GB RAM, with PT11HD Vanilla with UAD Apollo Thunderbolt.

Memory meter showing at 58%!

The only track in the session is an instrument track with the UVI insert and the ravenscroft instrument loaded.

The four mic version of the VI (275) can't even play when the track is rec armed (AAE -6101). The one mic presets can play but if i play like crazy it will normally stop with the error.

Is this normal behaviour for a sampled piano VI like this? Do I need to run it via VEP5 pro or something like that to get the latency specs i need to actually perform? Is this why they have a receptor version?

I'd rather not have to fork out for something Muse receptor - i thought a new mac pro would be able to handle something like this fine with low latency, esp in the tracking stage...

I'm a pianist so am sensitive to the touch and am trying to work out a virtual system that can actually work for me - heard so many good things about this piano matched with a kawai vpc1.

Also - i'm running the library of the system SSD...

Thanks in advance for you input!