Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-18-2020, 09:12 AM

Default Dead Dock

Hi Community.

Sorry, maybe that's a stupid question. I have found the time to start setting up my S1's and my dock and well, everything works fine. All S1's which are on a switch showes up in my network and I can add it. Only the dock is dead. That means, if I switch it on, nothing happens. No light, and it doesen't appear in my network. I have the bad feeling, that it's totally broken. Should it usually shows any lights, any reaction after powered on? Or is there something I have missed? I tried it with another power supply unit but that doesn't work.

Thanks in advance
Christian
Old 07-18-2020, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Dead Dock

Could it be just the power supply? Have you tried one of the S1 power supplies (assuming they are the same)?
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 07-19-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Could it be just the power supply? Have you tried one of the S1 power supplies (assuming they are the same)?
The DC supply cable going into the dock actually twists to lock in place. Sometimes if you don’t make the twist, the connection isn’t seated properly, thus no power. Take a look and try it and report back.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
The DC supply cable going into the dock actually twists to lock in place. Sometimes if you don’t make the twist, the connection isn’t seated properly, thus no power. Take a look and try it and report back.
Good call! Thats happened to several friends and a few were ready to send the S1’s back for another.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-20-2020, 09:38 AM

TY all.
Eddie solved and explained it on facebook. I posted the problem there, too. So, it's exactly what its2loud said. Well, it was totally new to me. Everything fine now, everything is working.

Have a nice day
Old 07-21-2020, 09:46 AM

Where did you post on facebook? I've been looking for more communities to reach out to.