Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2010, 10:32 AM

Default Am I screwed?

I recently purchased the IEP Upgrade (for 99 bucks what the hey). The IEP Upgrade says that it cannot transfer the license to my iLok because Structure is not on it. The IEP Upgrade recognizes the old Strike, Velvet, and Transfuser licenses on my iLok but is looking for the previous version of Structure, which was removed when I upgraded to Structure 1.1 several months ago. I figured IEP Upgrade would simply recognize all of the AIR licenses on my iLok and go from there, overlooking the Structure 1.1 upgrade.

Is there a way to get the old Structure license back so I can go on with upgrading the other AIR instruments in the IEP upgrade. I submitted a support ticket to AVID but in the meantime hope someone could help.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Am I screwed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
I recently purchased the IEP Upgrade (for 99 bucks what the hey). The IEP Upgrade says that it cannot transfer the license to my iLok because Structure is not on it. The IEP Upgrade recognizes the old Strike, Velvet, and Transfuser licenses on my iLok but is looking for the previous version of Structure, which was removed when I upgraded to Structure 1.1 several months ago. I figured IEP Upgrade would simply recognize all of the AIR licenses on my iLok and go from there, overlooking the Structure 1.1 upgrade.

Is there a way to get the old Structure license back so I can go on with upgrading the other AIR instruments in the IEP upgrade. I submitted a support ticket to AVID but in the meantime hope someone could help.
Start a custmor support ticket. They can sort it for you.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-25-2010, 01:55 AM

I agree with Danny. Your going to have to get Avid CSA in on this one.

It's good to know because I'm sitting on a Structure 1.1 asset along with the original Velvet, Strike! and Hybrid assets and would eventually like to upgrade to the PTIEP.

Lets us know what they say.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 11-25-2010, 08:18 AM

Sure... I've submitted the ticket and will post their response. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:52 PM

AVID's reply
------
"Sorry about all of the confusion with your licenses. You are correct in your assumption about the Structure 1.1 license. The Instrument Expansion Pack upgrade from the VIBS would have been looking for a different license surrender. We have removed the Instrument Expansion Pack license from your iLok account and re-deposited a license that will not be looking for a surrender. You should be able to go ahead and download your Instrument Expansion Pack license to your iLok key.

Best Regards,

Avid Audio Customer Service Administration"
------

So... the IEP Upgrade License process could not be completed because it was looking for a different Structure license, which was not there because I'd already upgraded to Structure 1.1 a few months ago. I got a bit of "want it done now" syndrome last week but I'm really happy with how AVID so nicely took care of this. I submitted it on Wednesday of last week, they responded Tuesday... fair enough. After a bit of phone tag on Wed and Thur I spoke with John today and the matter was resolved by CSA.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:47 PM

Good to know. Thanks.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com