Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2010, 10:09 PM

Default Project will not save!!!

Hello,

As mentioned in the topic. I am having trouble getting my Pro Tools session to save. I've been using this version of Pro Tools for 2 years now and have not encountered this error message yet. I have also been working on this song off and on for a few months and have not had any error message such as this. As I was working today, all of the sudden I got the error message that it was not able to auto back up because the system cannot find the file specified. (2). Now as soon as I got that error I immediately directed my focus to saving the work and as I tried to save I got the same error message: system unable to find the file specified. (2). I have no idea what this file could be. I inserted some audio samples into a track and deleted all but the 1 that I kept. Those are the only files that I can think of that would be missing.

Anybody have any ideas?

I am running Windows XP on a Dell XPS, Pro Tools LE 7 with an MBox 2
Old 03-29-2010, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Project will not save!!!

If you try to save it as you suggest, PT will just point to the file. there are a couple of things you could try. In prefs you can select copy files on import. Or try 'Save Copy In' with AUDIO selected. If that doesn't work, try something creative, like buss to an audio track and record creating a new file, before saving. Hope one of these work.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:24 PM

If you're already out of the session... After trashing preferences... If session backups don't work, and they should, try creating a new session and importing session data a track at a time.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-29-2010, 10:25 PM

Try trashing preferences and databases - I have this same problem ocassionaly and it's very annoying!

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 03-29-2010, 10:51 PM

1. Thank you for for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.

2. Another thing I forgot to mention was that when I tried to save, my session file (not to be confused with folder) disappeared almost as if it deleted itself not even going via the Recycle bin. A couple of the back up session files I noticed were gone as well. And to add to that, there is a funky smell coming out of the back of my computer which hasn't happened before either. Almost like a burning smell which is why I want to get this project saved without losing the work that I did on it today, and get this system turned off as soon as possible. Hopefully I won't have to exit without saving, I'll save that as my last option.

3. I have never trashed the preferences before. I do know where to access this menu, how do I actually trash the preferences. I nosed around the menu and found no way to reset them.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkicker4 View Post
1. Thank you for for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.

2. Another thing I forgot to mention was that when I tried to save, my session file (not to be confused with folder) disappeared almost as if it deleted itself not even going via the Recycle bin. A couple of the back up session files I noticed were gone as well. And to add to that, there is a funky smell coming out of the back of my computer which hasn't happened before either. Almost like a burning smell which is why I want to get this project saved without losing the work that I did on it today, and get this system turned off as soon as possible. Hopefully I won't have to exit without saving, I'll save that as my last option.

3. I have never trashed the preferences before. I do know where to access this menu, how do I actually trash the preferences. I nosed around the menu and found no way to reset them.
Your memory or hard drive may be taking a dump. If you have another desktop computer, you should pull your drive out and hook it up as a "slave" drive to your desktop and copy over everything you have if possible. Even your powersupply might be going bad. In any case you need to get your sessions off of that drive and onto another drive and system. How old is your computer?