Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2009, 01:23 AM

Default From a TDM/HD system to LE plugins, I/O, mix, etc

Years ago (~2002) me and a friend were writing songs for aspiring artists and laying the ideas down on an associates pro-tools system. Long story short I was recently asked if I had any songs that a female vocalist could use. I dusted off one my old session files I had archived on cd and gave it a try on 03 rack plus. To my surprise it opened right up and played. First problem I had was that my I/O was all out of whack. Fixed that. The other problem I'm having is with the plugins. Im getting this message:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missing or inactive plug-ins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Track "Aux 3" Insert 2 ("Echo Farm") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
Track "ECHO" Insert 1 ("Echo Farm") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
Track "Master 1" Insert 2 ("C4 Multiband Parametric") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
Track "Master 1" Insert 3 ("+L1 Ultramaximizer") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
Track "Aux 1" Insert 1 ("Reverb One") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
Track "Aux 1" Insert 2 ("ff d2 6-Band") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
Track "Aux 2" Insert 1 ("TC|Chorus") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
Track "Aux 2" Insert 2 ("ff d2 6-Band") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
Track "SB VERSES" Insert 2 ("ff d2 6-Band") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
Track "SB HOOKS" Insert 1 ("bombfactory‚Ñ¢ L") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
Track "SB HOOKS" Insert 2 ("ff d2 6-Band") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
Track "Aux 5" Insert 2 ("ff d2 6-Band") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
Track "Aux 6" Insert 2 ("ff d2 6-Band") has been made Inactive because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder.
--------------------------------------------
Now I obviously have none of these plugins and believe most of them can only be gotten on a TDM or HD system. What is the standard way to remove these plugins from the song and use the LE plugins that I already have? If I'm going to be going from an LE to HD system or vice versa whats the best way to handle the use of plug-ins in the future? Is there a way to stop the messages about plugins, disk allocations and I/O from occurring again?

The original disk allocation for this session cannot be used. Check the disk allocation window to see what's changed.

Your I/O setup has changed since the last time this session was saved. Check the I/O Setups window to see what's changed.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:23 AM

Default Re: From a TDM/HD system to LE plugins, I/O, mix, etc

Not too sure what you mean with the plugins... might wat to use PT's native plugs.
If a disk allocation warning pops up, I'd recommend to ALWAYS check it because you don't want to consolidate a file and next time you open it realised that you deleted a whole track when cleaning your movies folder ...
Don't worry about IO warnings. It's just telling you that you're using a different setting than last time you saved, nothing important there...
Old 10-12-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68topls View Post
(snip)Missing or inactive plug-ins.
Now I obviously have none of these plugins and believe most of them can only be gotten on a TDM or HD system. What is the standard way to remove these plugins from the song and use the LE plugins that I already have? If I'm going to be going from an LE to HD system or vice versa whats the best way to handle the use of plug-ins in the future? Is there a way to stop the messages about plugins, disk allocations and I/O from occurring again?
I may be mistaken, but holding the SHIFT key when starting the project will bypass all of the plugs. You should be able to open without warnings. However, even with the warnings, you should be able to open the project and all of the missing plugs will just be greyed out. btw, what version of PT are you using.

Once you are into the project, just change over all of the missing pugs to something current and save.

Quote:
The original disk allocation for this session cannot be used. Check the disk allocation window to see what's changed.
Any time have pulled a project from another PT system, or any time I have moved files manually I get this message. I just click and move on and it has never caused me a problem. HOWEVER! someone else a little more knowledgable should probably chime in here.. I can't see it being a problem though.

Quote:
Your I/O setup has changed since the last time this session was saved. Check the I/O Setups window to see what's changed.
Same as above really... just take a look and make sure your routings are all OK for what you are doing now. The main thing is that you have gone from a system with a lot of tracks to one with only a few.

Peace!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:51 AM

One last thing, try importing the tracks into a new session.. Hopefully they were consolidated before being burned to CD. That way you an just import to region.. nice and easy. If not, you are probably better off going the above route. The nice thing is that they are on CD so if you stuff something up you can delete and re-import without harming the original.

Peace!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:25 AM

I'm running pro tool 8 with a digi 03 rack +. I can open, play, and edit the project. All of the missing plugins are grey'd out in the audio region of the tracks. The problem is it doesn't show on the track what plug-in are used. I was thinking that I should be able to see what plugin was used and change it. IE if it was a reverb plugin I should be able to see it on the track, click on it and go to another "reverb" plugin that I really have.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:45 PM

Hmmm, still unsure what you mean with not being able to see the plugin. The greyed out box hould have the name of the plugin. You won't be able to put it up and see it or any settings it may have, but I can only imagine you still remember the names of the plugs you used.

As for disk allocation, as danander11 said, it's not a problem 9 times out of 10, and PT just re configures it automatically. But just think what the consequences would be if you fell into that 1 time where it doesn't and don't check on it...My advice again: double check it, it takes the most part of 3 seconds to do... Don't be lazy, don't lose your files.