Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2001, 04:58 PM

Default Digidesign SCSI confusion

Here's the problem: I'm not too familiar with SCSI accelerator cards. So, not knowing any better I bought Digi's SCSI64 accelerator card. I notice that their hard drives are LVD drives, while the card only has two Ultra/WIDE channels. How does that work? How come? Does this cause any problems at all? And if so, are there solutions? Cause Digi seems to approve only this card??? Thanks...
Old 08-15-2001, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Digidesign SCSI confusion

I think that, in general, LVD drives simply operate in single ended mode when they are not on an LVD SCSI bus. My Barracudas are LVD, but my ATTO SCSI card is not, and all works fine. I set the jumper on my drives that forces single ended operation, but I think they would probably have worked without it.

Tom