Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2006, 02:42 AM

Default intel975XBXwithpentiumDcrashingoninstall le5.3.1??

i recently built a computer and ran into several problems with it. im running a intel 975XBX mother board with a pentium D processor and a digi001 le5.3.1 version. i followed all the BIOS changes needed and system modifactions needed for a proper hardware and software install. i downloaded the interlok drivers to ensure smooth running with windows XP service pak 2 as well. after installing the hardware i proceeded to install the program disc for le5.3.1. on installation when the screen that reads, "this may take several minutes, your computer screen may flash" my computer freezes completely. the first time it happened i had to reformat, but now i just hard boot it and still have windows. i also tried downloading it from the free downloads on the digidesign site with teh same results. i would appreciate it SO much if someone could give me any advice or FAQs about the said situation or even any pointers to try out. thanks!
Old 04-26-2006, 11:12 AM

Default Re: intel975XBXwithpentiumDcrashingoninstall le5.3

5.3.1 is not technically qualified for SP2.
I loaded it up once for a brief test and it ran OK but others here have reported it to be a problem.
You might want to consider an upgrade to 6.4. I believe the 5.3 to 6.4 transition is still $35 bucks.