Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2018, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Video engine and External Disk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
If you open a workspace (windows>new workspace>default), what doe the drive permission show: R, T, or P for that drive?

What is the codec of your video?

Have you tried to trash databases on all drives?(close pro tools, trash, empty trash, restart computer, restart pro tools)
see here for utility app: http://petegates.com/pg-pt-prefs.html
If your machine can't handle Sierra, I'd suggest downgrading to Yosemite. El Capitan is nothing but trouble. I run video off an external SSD over USB3, no problems with AVE.

Despite this I run Video Slave 3, much nicer experience all round.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:17 AM

Hey, I've R on all of my disk and the video is in dnxhd. remmended by pro tools.
I can't make transfer of my instruments in this disk because I don't have any empty storage for. That's why I want to locate the problem but I don't where it's happen.

Thank you for the help.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejey View Post
Hey, I've R on all of my disk and the video is in dnxhd. remmended by pro tools.
I can't make transfer of my instruments in this disk because I don't have any empty storage for. That's why I want to locate the problem but I don't where it's happen.

Thank you for the help.
Running VIs and video from the same drive may be giving you the problem
Old 04-10-2018, 04:24 PM

hey, no because I can't open post production session without instrument when the disk is connected.
The problem is from the disk but where.
The only solution I found is to move all my data on a second disk and erase this one. Hope the problem will disappear...
Old 04-11-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Hi Andrew;

Thanks for the reply, I use El Capitan and I've all authorizations (read and play) for the external disk and the main user (me).

I guess there is a file in this disk which blocks the video engine at the beginning but I don't know what..

Sorry for the language i'm french, I start to learn :)
Long shot, but I had a session not too long ago that wouldn't run its video. It turned out to be the video file being in a folder with illegal characters being used in the filename.

Greetings,

Thierry
Old 04-11-2018, 09:25 AM

hi Thierry,

Thank you for the interest. My problem is for all video session and I tried to move the video in other folder but it's never placed on this disk.
The problem is between the video engine and external the disk. (my video is on my internal disk).
So if I want to activate the video engine on a empty session, without video, without VIs or tracks I can't with the external disk connected. But If not, no problem.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
hi Thierry...
So if I want to activate the video engine on a empty session, without video, without VIs or tracks I can't with the external disk connected. But If not, no problem.
What’s the name of the external disk?
Is it connected on the same bus as a video interface (usb/thunderbolt/...)?
Greetings,

Thierry