Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2010, 03:37 AM

Default why is my fader stuck and i cant get it to change the volume in the mix?

Probably a really simple answer to this, i just dont recall doing anythin to set the volume in the mix on one of my faders, and cant get it to move from this setting, what do i need 2 do?

thanks!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:01 AM

Default Re: why is my fader stuck and i cant get it to change the volume in the mix?

please clarify what is happening, I dont understand your question. Have you tried the trouble shooting steps in the help us help you section?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:29 AM

Default Re: why is my fader stuck and i cant get it to change the volume in the mix?

the fader in teh mixing window is staying at a certain volume. all the rest i can move freely, but one of the tracks the fader volume is set, so if i drag ip up or down, once i release the mouse it goes back to the set volume. I dont recall setting the volume in anyway, but must ahve done something inadvertantly...
Old 05-06-2010, 04:32 AM
rogga_bogga

Sounds like you have written automation and have the automation set to "read". Try setting it to off or remove the automation completely and you should be able to move it freely.

Roger
Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 AM

click on the grey box under the word "auto" it probibly says read or touch at the moment. You have automation writen on that fader and it is following it. there is also a little arrow that i will turn green next to the track type indicator. this tell you when you let go witch way the fader is going to run. either change it to write and write new automation over the old. change it to off and use no automation on this track or use the edit window to remove the offending automation so you can keep it in read. i wont go into latch but im sure in a few days you'll have this sort of thing worked out. have fun!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:58 PM

awesome, thanks for that...yes, i am a total newb at PTs, just learning as i go along making tracks...dont know how i wrote automation to it but sorted it out ok, should have thigns down pat in the next couple of weeks, til then might have to put up with a few more questions like this!lol,

thanks guys