Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-23-2022, 11:39 AM

Default Drum Plug In

Hello.

I'm interested in finding a GOOD drum plug in that isn't crazy expensive.

I have a lot of country and jazz style shuffles in my music, more brush work than straight up stick beat.

I'm using the plug in that comes with pro tools but am sick of having to have to do a different track for every sound and can't get the sounds I need.

Really want to find a one stop shop for a drum plug in so that I can write some decent beats without all the hassle and limitations.

Anyone have one the recommend? Trying to stay under $100.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Drum Plug In

I would recommend Ez Drummer 3 https://www.toontrack.com/ezdrummer-line/

Even though it is $179 and you are going to have to buy an expansion pack $89 to get brushes--look at the country and jazz EZX expansion packs. Others here may have recommendations for specific packs. And you can free trial the software but not EZX expansion packs.

Toontracks (unlike some drum related software vendors) just do so well with stable, quality software, you can upgrade in future to Toontracks Superior drummer if you want a lot of high-end stuff, but most folks don't need it.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:40 PM

Under $100 is a tough order. I also suggest EZDrummer 3 as the best "bang for the buck". I did see that Thomann Music has it for $133 and that's likely the best price anywhere. Another option to compare is Addictive Drums, but I think its more money. Watch some videos on EZDrummer 3 and I bet you buy it

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-26-2022, 09:32 AM

Awesome - thank you so much for the suggestions. My main reason for the price point is that if it got much higher, it would be more cost and effort effective for me to just go an buy an electric kit so that I can just play in what I want vs. having to program it...but I don't have $500+ to get a halfway decent kit.
Old 10-09-2022, 05:04 AM

Here's another vote for EZ Drummer. The new version is killer and as has been said you can always move up to Superior Drummer 3.

QAPLA!