Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2011, 08:47 PM

Default Session saved on "transfer" only volume

My hard-drive crashed and had to be replaced. I re-installed Pro Tools M-Powered 8 (which I then upgraded to 8.0.1). When I tried to open a session that I had composed before the hard-disk crash, I got a message:

This session is saved on a volume set to "Transfer" only. If permitted, set the volume(s) in question to "P" (Playback) or "R" (record) in the workspace. Otherwise, choose OK to save a copy of this session and its media to a valid playback volume.

I don't know why the C drive isn't a valid playback volume and I don't know how to set the volume to P or R. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Session saved on "transfer" only volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm15 View Post
I don't know why the C drive isn't a valid playback volume and I don't know how to set the volume to P or R. Any suggestions?!
There are a number of good reasons why the C drive should not be used as a playback volume and Avid specifically recommend that you only use your C drive as a Transfer volume. However you can make your C drive a playback volume if you really have no choice: In the Window menu select Workspace, in the top left of the window which opens you will see your various volumes and columns called "A" and "V", your C drive will have two "T"s in these columns. Click on the "T" and choose Playback or Record, you're done! If you can though, try to have a second internal drive or an external drive to record and playback from.

G
Old 06-17-2011, 09:19 AM

Thanks Greg -- worked perfectly!!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:59 AM

Greg, what if it won't work when you try to change the T to a P or R in the A column? I just got a new computer, windows 7 ...I have mbox 7.4....do I need to set up a diff drive for this to work? thanks!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:58 AM

I have the same issue starting a NEW SESSION, BUT, i changed the A-V volume to "R" in the WORKSPACE. NOW when I try to start a new session it says "GATEWAY is not an audio playback volume" I bought a external drive but I dont know how to change the settings I guess, PLEASE HELP