Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-14-2002, 07:17 PM

Default Pro Tools le & new Reason 2/ OSX?

http://www.propellerheads.se/product...more_news.html

Will there be a limited edition of PRO TOOLS LE for OSX support atleast?

Just curious becuase digi sais the TDM/pci systems where designed for the PRO POST PRODUCTION houses that need to work with TIMECODE and other hardware gear

LE was designed for musicians limited with no TIMECODE + other limitations so why not a OSX yet?

i wonder why EMAGIC did not release it yet too but not here i guess?

Just a honest thought..
Old 03-14-2002, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools le & new Reason 2/ OSX?

huh? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
We know Reason is out and Cubase too for OSX. PT's for OSX is coming and the only thing and way you would get me to switch to PT's for OSX is if there is timecode and/or voices. I need more incentive to move. It will improve in time as more apps become available. i don't want a hacked app just because I can say I use OSX. The music industry isnt ready yet and digidesign isn't ready yet. It will happen when it happens. It's starting to happen but we must have patience grasshoppa.
Old 03-14-2002, 08:51 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> We know Reason is out and Cubase too for OSX. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

These products have been ANNOUNCED, they are not 'out' in that they are not shipping, so you couldn't use them today if you wanted to. I have a feeling that once one product is actually on the shelves and successfully running on OSX, the others will not be far behind. Digi just happens to not like to pre-announce products the same way that emagic, cubase and propellerheads do. I doubt there will actually be a huge time margin between the time we actually see some of these competitors products and the appearance of ProTools for OSX.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:31 PM

Slim Shady..
I think your right on with that.
However, the announcement from propellerheads has me looking at my unopened copy of os X and drooling.
Old 03-15-2002, 04:42 AM

q1? So why did emagic release a os9 when they announced 4 times delayed OSX LOGIC5?

q2?could it be a great thought to atleast give small music production people (majority) a OSX first?

Just curiouse what you guys think, Pro Tools software is a great audio tool but alike the Llimited edition is it noot fair and economic to release a OSX LE first, the Mbox will fly off the shelves and digi would make a fortune NOW!!
Old 03-15-2002, 01:44 PM

Agree with ckerian...if it ain't broke...

I certainly will upgrade to Reason 2.0 and from Dynamo to Reaktor Session, but certainly not because they're OSX ready, but because of the improvements in the products.
Old 03-15-2002, 01:58 PM

Take a product, do nothing to it besides move it to OS X, and there's your improvement.

We all know that Digi and all the others are working their butt's off on OS X. What upsets us is that they're going to be 18 months too late. If this were the NeXT windows OS (ha, ha i laugh), Digi and all the others would have been ready when the OS was released. The fact is, OS X has gotten a lot of people really fired up about Apple, but it wasn't a sure bet a year and a half ago.
Old 03-15-2002, 02:16 PM

So, Silverlode, you're saying that all Propellerheads had to do was move Reason 1.01 to OSX? That would be more of an improvement than Reason 2.0? Wow! They sure could have saved a lot of time and expense!

Pull-ease.

Lots of people have been fired up about Apple since the mid-eighties.
Old 03-15-2002, 06:40 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by silverlode:
If this were the NeXT windows OS (ha, ha i laugh), Digi and all the others would have been ready when the OS was released. The fact is, OS X has gotten a lot of people really fired up about Apple, but it wasn't a sure bet a year and a half ago.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm...maybe I'm missing your point. Does Protools LE work on Win2000 or WinXP? It didn't look like it on the compatibility pages...and they've both been out for a while now as well.
Old 03-16-2002, 04:54 AM

ronev
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agree with ckerian...if it ain't broke...

I certainly will upgrade to Reason 2.0 and from Dynamo to Reaktor Session, but certainly not because they're OSX ready, but because of the improvements in the products--------------------------

Great idea ronev , but reason 2.0 is not just a OSx native program alike cubase OSX!!!!!, it has more posibilities to make it a very strong sequencer too now...

so is OSX worth it though???
PROS= more stable memory protection, 4x stronger dsp then a TDM mix+, memory management is a leap compared to OS9 and other very important stability features for PROFESIONAL multi media users?

CONS=or is it just hype, very slow and a drag for us users ((((mabye due to apples very HUGE invested interest to sell new faster computers that run as fast a OS 8.5))) since sales have droped

....why would apple want a new OS anyway if there COMPUTERS are so fast and OS9 could fly on a 2 gig (if it worked native) is the speed a big diference for native audio procesing? vst-i etc.?

Reason 2.0 includes a new instrument sampler and alike REAKTOR instrument, sound quality improved and a seperatable sequencer, + many more features that will make it the most popular program also just becuase its for OSX & users want stability for live DJing ect., most important its capable of running on a TI G4!!!! without a glitch...

from my experience OSX and the newer G4s seem to have the grip on the future for audio users, sad to admit OSX is a DRAG, slow and feels like its a public OS...

i agree with old saying, if it works dont **** with it, --besides softsynths sound like crap (but the exceptional FM7-Reaktor-Battery+ some more)

I will repeat it again though, WHY IS PRO TOOLS OSX NOT RELEASED, forhget about working on it, i hear they had it for 4 months!!!!