Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2002, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Does anyknow if a Lexicon Core 2 will work with Reason?

guitar center just quoted me 99 for the daughtercard. no way. I'll call another place. who's your friend at the guitar center. hook me up bro.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:36 AM

guitar center said he can get me an oasys card for 299.. is that good?
Old 03-11-2002, 02:10 PM

many people thought so (including myself). but before you go and buy it and get upset later, realize it is a discontinued product...and Korg will probably never release OSX drivers for it. that said, it's a great card...i'll probably throw mine in a second computer when digi goes OSX...
Old 03-11-2002, 02:56 PM

Hey guys, i am thinking about buying one of these Core-2 cards and slappin it in the ol'
7300/G3/300 running Reason and LAP.
Will Reason work w/ this card? I noticed at
Lexicons site, they say it should work w/ any ASIO app. On steinbergs site i could not find an ASIO driver for it?
I downloaded the new installer @ Lexicons site.....Man i need a good sound card for the 7300, and i dont want to pay alot for this muffler, i mean sound card [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .
So, has anyone tried it w/ Reason yet?
Can you use ALL of the outputs in Reason?

Thanx!!

sdf

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 03-11-2002, 06:08 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by s.d. finley:
Hey guys, i am thinking about buying one of these Core-2 cards and slappin it in the ol'
7300/G3/300 running Reason and LAP.
Will Reason work w/ this card? I noticed at
Lexicons site, they say it should work w/ any ASIO app. On steinbergs site i could not find an ASIO driver for it?
I downloaded the new installer @ Lexicons site.....Man i need a good sound card for the 7300, and i dont want to pay alot for this muffler, i mean sound card [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .
So, has anyone tried it w/ Reason yet?
Can you use ALL of the outputs in Reason?
sdf
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll try and get it working this weekend. If I have a chance before then I'll see if I can get to it.

encephalon
Lush Music
Old 03-11-2002, 06:19 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ckerian:
guitar center just quoted me 99 for the daughtercard. no way. I'll call another place. who's your friend at the guitar center. hook me up bro.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talk to Blake White at Guitar Center in Brea (714) 672-0103. I think they had about 5 left this weekend.

Just be cool and don't demand anything - ask him to get you the best price. He'll take care of the rest.

encephalon
Lush Music
Old 03-11-2002, 09:33 PM

I'll be cool. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2002, 07:21 AM

Well, i was feeling lucky yesterday, so i went ahead and purchased a core2 w/ the mp100
daughtercard.
And it works pretty well. The latency is a little more than i was hoping, 46ms.
It is noticable, but i was able to program drum beats on the midi controller, the real test me.
I was sending lightpipe out the Core2 to 001.
At first i had some pops and clicks, but just had to set the clock to optical, and it was fine. Had no problem sending 8 channels out of reason into PTLE. I did not have enough cables laying around and i was too tired,(lazy) to try routing the 8 analog and 8 ADAT into LE from reason, but i might try it today.
I fired up logic and it was able to see the core2 only after i created an asio folder and made a dupe of the driver and stuck it in said folder. I really did not have a chance to mess w/ the FX from the mp100 yet.
I just printed both manuals, so i wll see what da dang deal is.
I was able to buy the last Core2 and an mp100, $129 and $49.95 respectivley.
Could not beleive the list was $599 [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
More trials from the field will follow [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

rawk

sdf

Old 03-12-2002, 07:42 AM

where did ya get it? GC? sounds good. I'm sold. It's gonna be going into a 9500/200 g3 upgraded (300mhz). i wonder how I am going to use my AM3 card now. Oh... this is sick. I got a 7300/200 laying around. NO!!!! I cant handle another computer. I wonder if Reason can communicate with 2 cards? an AM3 and a core 2? Maybe I should just stick the AM3 in the other computer, mix to it and use it as a dedicated SD2 machine. I'd have to use the 18 bit inputs though. this is sick. I give up!!! help. Maybe the last thing I need is a another card.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:04 AM

Yeah, GC...but in lovley Houston, TX.
At lexicons website, and on the core2 box, it says, use with B&W G3 or G4 only.
Works great in the ol' 7300/180!! I had to yank out my G3 ZIF cause i think i fried it in an unrelated incedent [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . But am getting new one via ebay today [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .its only a 233mhz, but i figure i might get 250 outta it. Plus it was only $16.50 including shipping!
I am reading the manual, trying to see how i can get the most outta this thing....

sdf