Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-23-2012, 12:03 PM

Default -35, -43 and -50 Errors... Any thoughts?

Hey folks,

It's been a while since I've posted. Thankfully things have been running great for a long time. Over the past few months I've been having random errors that I'm out of ideas on how to trouble shoot and would welcome any suggestions you may have.

The most consistent issue seems to be volume / drive related. It doesn't matter what hard drive manufacture I use, internal or external, internal bay or external connection. They are getting more frequent and at this point after two trips into service, Apple has repeatedly said my Mac Pro is fine. This last trip they kept it for a week of continuous testing and couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried different OS drives with different versions of PT and this doesn't seem to matter. Some times I can't move files on the Mac without getting OS errors indication that there is a volume not found, operation cant be completed because of an unknown error or the file is in use when it's not. As you can imagine I get random errors in Pro Tools and the rig will become very sluggish. The Error numbers that come up are -35, - 43 and -50.

I've also had issues with my graphics becoming screwed up upon launch of the Mac (but fixed with a replug into the card). CD's burning with a loud pop at the end of them and at time reading really slow. Pro Tools error -7100 (cant allocate voices) when their is plenty of resources available to do so. Sessions loading fine and then on another boot unable to load plugs because of insufficient resources. If I restart every thing is fine. When I am changing buss' or insterts or sometimes just upon a launch I'll get audio playback that has phase issues. Everything will sound like it is hard left and right without anything in the center of the mix. A restart will resolve this.

I'm currently running a Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad Core Intel Xeon with 24GB or ram. A fresh OS 10.7.3 with Pro Tools 10.1.2.46. HD3 accel (4) 192 with a Sync, Big Ben and D command. I've had these issues with earlier versions of PT. I've trashed pref and done all the standards and that doesn't seem to do anything.

I think I may be having a issue with the power supply in the Mac but at this point, like I said above, Apple says it's fine. The only other things I know to do are to advance replace my PT cards to rule out the cards and then try a new Mac. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks!
Luker[at]acaciarecording[dot]com
Studio 301-703-0035
Old 04-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Avid

Default Re: -35, -43 and -50 Errors... Any thoughts?

If you see a 7100 error, turn off DSP Cache (in the Pro Tools Task Manager window). Also, it would be most helpful if you can report it as a bug to Tech Support and send them the session file that creates the error.

The other errors you describe are OS errors. Something certainly seems wrong with the machine. The trick is to devise a simple 100% reproducible test using the Finder only that will prove to Apple there is a problem. It should be reproducible on a totally vanilla install of the OS to a blank disk.