Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 11-10-2014, 09:37 PM

Default Mbox 3 audio skipping after awhile?

I've had this mbox 3 mini for awhile with no problems, recently I've been doing alot of reformatting for other purposes but I noticed an update for the mini drivers and used those, after my computer has been on for awhile I'll be listening to music or something on youtube and notice a skipping starts to happen in the audio, very slight skipping almost hard to catch but very annoying. I tried plugging it into different usb ports and it would still skip till I rebooted. After a reboot everything would work again fine, till some other random time I'm not sure what causes it to start happening. I reformatted again for other purposes and went back to the old drivers I originally had before any problems occured. Then tonight it happened again. Anyone know the fix for this?

The only thing I can think of that I changed is my avast firewall I set to block audiodevmon.exe, not sure why it even tries to connect to the net, but now I set it to allow the connection and will see if it happens again but it's kind of hard to force the problem it appears out of nowhere..

Another thing I can think of is "if" those new drivers did some update to the firmware of the mbox which ruined it forever. Can someone with the old drivers 1.1.7 confirm your firmware version is 0.7.0?
Old 11-12-2014, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Mbox 3 audio skipping after awhile?

Does your computer go to sleep? Have you disabled all power management?
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en367983
Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 11-14-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbox1to3 View Post
The only thing I can think of that I changed is my avast firewall I set to block audiodevmon.exe, not sure why it even tries to connect to the net, but now I set it to allow the connection and will see if it happens again but it's kind of hard to force the problem it appears out of nowhere..
Have you checked your BIOS settings ? I've had the same problem and disabling "Turbo Boost" and "C-State Transition" seems to have solved the problem (and other video engine errors).
Old 11-15-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG View Post
Does your computer go to sleep? Have you disabled all power management?
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en367983
Joel
I did notice It was going to sleep which I use to have turned off, so far no problems, Thanks.

I'll write back if it ever occurs again
Old 11-18-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yop22 View Post
Have you checked your BIOS settings ? I've had the same problem and disabling "Turbo Boost" and "C-State Transition" seems to have solved the problem (and other video engine errors).
I wrote too soon, the problem is less frequent but it's back :-(
Old 11-27-2014, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yop22 View Post
I wrote too soon, the problem is less frequent but it's back :-(
Yeah me too.. It happened again.

Hey yop22 did this problem start occuring after you updated to the newest drivers released on October 10, 2014?
Old 11-27-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbox1to3 View Post
Yeah me too.. It happened again.

Hey yop22 did this problem start occuring after you updated to the newest drivers released on October 10, 2014?
Hey mbox1to3, the latest driver for my mbox pro was released in April and the dropouts started in October, very suddenly. They occurred more and more often and usually at the same time as a video engine network clock error (although I don't use satellite...) . Also I could hear the computer fan accelerate a few seconds before the error.
I tried to disconnect the network but it didn't help. Finally I tried to start the computer with the network already disconnected and I got an error stating that Eucontrol could not be started and from that point (a week ago) I haven't had any of these errors or audio dropout!
Maybe you should try to start with network disconnected...
Old 12-17-2014, 08:07 PM

This happens constantly. It will be playing fine, then just . . . no sound. Then it kicks back in after a short while. Ridiculous.