Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2010, 06:32 AM

Default Busses to Aux or Audio track stop randomly.

Ive noticed that random tracks stop outputing sound. Im having to constantly choose the output drop down reselect the output bus that the track is using then the output works again.

It happens on random tracks at random times. But last night for instance had to reset track busses 9 times in a two hour period.

Tried importing session data to new session makes no difference. No plugins used except on master buss and then only a compressor.(Digi)

Seen this in another thread but couldnt find it this morning.
Anyone here noticed this.

DTS any idea?
BLA AGB,Autuer,Lucid,
MicroCLock, Pultec, UA, Sebatron, Focusrite, Trident,API, A-Designs, Purple Audio
Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Avid

Default Re: Busses to Aux or Audio track stop randomly.

We're going to need more info - which system is this on? (you have Mac and PC listed in your sig).

Which of the General Troubleshooting steps have you done?

Are ALL plug-ins the minimum version listed in our plug-in compatibility grid?
Old 12-09-2010, 05:32 PM

Mac Tower Pro

Yes, reinstalled PTLS and drivers from scratch, OSX up to date, permissions, etc. Run OS with recommended settings.

And went through all the steps that applied.

Since reinstall it only has Ptls 9 plugs. But the plugs i have meet the grid requirements.

Think Ill reinstall again and see what happens.
BLA AGB,Autuer,Lucid,
MicroCLock, Pultec, UA, Sebatron, Focusrite, Trident,API, A-Designs, Purple Audio
Old 12-10-2010, 06:14 AM

Reinstalled everything still losing outputs busses randomly.
BLA AGB,Autuer,Lucid,
Old 12-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavis6406 View Post
Reinstalled everything still losing outputs busses randomly.
Can you zip up the AvidLogFiles folder located at MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Logs and email it to me at: vi [at] digidesign [dot] com?

Please include the thread number in the subject of your email.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:46 AM

Sure I'll send it monday start of business.

Thnx.
BLA AGB,Autuer,Lucid,
Old 12-17-2010, 04:21 PM

Okay no files in the folder. Protoolhasnt crashed it still just loosing outputs. I reset the output by re-selecting it and drive on. How ever it gets worse the longer i run the session. then a reboot and fire up PTLS again, and it works for a while then the same thing again.
BLA AGB,Autuer,Lucid,
Old 12-18-2010, 01:11 PM

This is the exact same bug reported in previous versions. A lot of people thought it had something to do with HD cards and how the DSP was handling the busses. This is obviously not the case as I can attest to the fact that the exact same problem I had on my HD system I am now having on PT 9 without HD cards.

This is unreal that this bug still persists!!!!! I've wasted more time trying to get a random buss to work again after it magically just stops working.
Also, sometimes I can only use 10 busses and then no more work. This is random because it doesn't happen in every session. Some sessions I'll have 25 or more busses all working. Big, small sessions, there is no rhyme or reason, at least as far as I can tell.

Please AVID, I'm begging you, fix this bug once and for all!
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Apogee Symphony MKII Thunderbolt 2X6
Old 12-19-2010, 10:29 AM

Yep went haywire with the dropped busses last nigt again. Re-installed, w/no 3rd party plugs worked for exactly 45 min then guess what dropped busses.

Never had this prob with 7 or 8 personaly. But 9 is ate the "F" up. Has any one seen the once again abundant posts with problems for this "new" software. I know its not, most of us know its not. Its PTLS 8 with modules from LE and HD combined, it's a Protools quilt work.

Now that being said I like what Avid trying to do with the features. Just wish I had'nt paid Avid to be a beta tester.

By the way DTS,,,,,, once again Ive purchased software from you guys that doesnt actually do what its supposed to, so can I have a partial refund or was the 249 the beta tester deal. And if so I didnt want to be a beta tester. So please let me know how you guys plan on dealing with this problem. If you cant Ill just go back to v8 and third party daw combined for my workflow. But would very much like it if some one at AVID would stand behind their consumer product.

Its like you guys sold a model car that sometimes runs?Sometimes doesnt, sometimes blows up and takes out the passengers with it(sessions)WTF?

I really like 9 and its features however Im back on 8 on separate drive to finish some things up because really now DTS, AVID, who ever,

stoping every few minutes to reset busses is unacceptable.

No crashes, just busses not working.

Reinstalled several times, imported data to new sessions with busses set to default, tried different busses, tried different harddrive with different install of OSX.......
Not only is it happening here it happens at my business on a different MAC tower PRO with different hardware, different PTLS 9 licenses and download. The only commonality with these two separate system is they are using 002's, sometimes. But there is also a HDN card at the office and guess what it happens on the HDN(w/96io, and Aurora 8) as well.

So thats my offical consumer complaint. Who should I report all this to next? Consumer protection Agency. My associate from the church works for them and he said it would be a good case.

http://www.ftc.gov/consumer they say they can help with unfair or deceptive trade practices. Like selling a product that has known design flaws, and not telling the purchasee.

I know Ptls works for some however, thats not what a good product is. It just works or it does'nt. Ford "Pintos" only blew up and killed some drivers during the 70's not all so it was okay to sell it right.
And to all those millions of AVid users out there who run a rig that has no hickups enjoy, Im jealous.(If your out there.)
I'd be happy with fine print that said "Look guys even with Avid approved everything this software may not work as advertised due to reasons unknown." Then id would be fine with the problems falling in my, (the consumers) lap.

So im through ranting, my apologies in advance for all, if any, hurt little feelings might have happened during this post. I dont care about anyone else not having any issues, I use Avid approved everything, Avid approved OS config, no weird hardware or software, or graphic card exceptions. Evreything is as "vanilla" as you can get. CPU overload, not enough RAM, that sort of thing I can deal with, and correct, but Im not having those problems. I just want my selected outputs to work all of the time not just when they decide to.

If you, AVID, DTS have a clue or a CS update dealing with this then by all means please let us know, or acknowledge it and say your working on it at least. Or not and just say "F" me, and Ill drive on also.
BLA AGB,Autuer,Lucid,
Old 12-23-2010, 06:59 AM

I have noticed that the drop outs only happen after solo is engaged and disengaged on channel. Might be something DTS can use to run down prob.
BLA AGB,Autuer,Lucid,