Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 03:43 PM

Default problem with M-Audio & USB MIDI connection - HELP

Can someone out there help me out!

I'm not new to ProTools. I've been using it for 5 some years. I have a PC running WinXP Pro, AMD Athlon system ala Alan Hallada, and I use an M-Box with ProTools LE version 6.1.

I have a M-Audio Midisport 2x2, which has worked fine until last week. It doesn't light up anymore. I purchased a new one, same thing. I then purchased an M-Audio Oxygen 8 v2. Hooked it up via USB, installed latest drivers, and nothing.

I'm really stumped. I've reinstalled all the current drivers multiple times for both devices, but nothing.

I've deleted the drivers/software and tried a fresh new install. Nothing.

ProTools works just fine. Everything else with the computer seems fine. Actually, when I plug in the Oxygen keyboard, I get the "beep" and the little window saying new device found "Oxygen 8". So the USB port "sees" the device, but there isn't any communication at all.

Funny thing is, I had the my midisport and a friend's oxygen 8 running on my machine up until last week. I haven't done anything drastic with my system. No major changes, just the usual disk cleanups, defrags, and windows updates.

Anyone have any suggestions? What am I forgetting to look at?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions that come this way.

stereocp
Craig P.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: problem with M-Audio & USB MIDI connection - HELP

I not at my pro tools computer but have you selected the interfaces and controller under i believe its midi-studio set up?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-02-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: problem with M-Audio & USB MIDI connection - HELP

Yes, I checked all of the configurations and set-ups in protools. I also tried to get these devices working with Reason 3.0 (they used to work there too...) but nothing.

I'm quite sure something is conflicting with the USB M-Audio drivers, but I'm not sure what to do about it??????

HELP??????

Stereocp
Craig Peterson

PS> Again, the computer beeps when I attach the USB/FIREWIRE cables, so the connections are there, but the Oxygen and Midisport don't "wake up" and respond to anything at all....

Suggestions?

THANKS