Old 12-25-2013, 05:34 PM

Default "Crackling" noise during playback and vocal recording

I don't think its the latency ?!?
Old 12-25-2013, 06:11 PM

Default Re: "Crackling" noise during playback and vocal recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Midwest View Post
I don't think its the latency ?!?
How are users supposed to guess what is causing this problem when we know nothing about your system. As I've asked for on your other posts. Start with reading the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above and post a Sandra report.

Crackling problems are typically caused by under-spec hardware, especially the audio/session hard drive, overloading the CPU with plugin processing and/or by faulty/buggy plugins or by improper clocking when using an external digital source like S/PDIF.

What exactly are you recording? (e.g. vocals into what exact Microphone goign into what exact connector in the interface? Or if its a USB Microphone in a Pro Tools SE bundle, what exact microphone?). If not a USB Microphone then what exact audio interface and driver version? What session sample rate? What exact version of Pro Tools ? (You now have Pro Tools SE 8.x.x installed?) What are all the playback engine settings (post a screen shot of the playback engine dialog). If ignore errors is checked uncheck it and see what error Pro Tools thows. Try a buffer size of 512 or 1024 samples, does the clicking problem go away entirely? What plugins are in use in the session? Does this happen with no plugins instantiated in the session? Does this happen with a new empty session?

You would have been much better off combining your multiple one line cryptic posts into one clear post, and providing some useful level of description right up front in that thread. Hopefully a moderator here will combing all your recent posts and move them to the appropriate Pro Tools SE/Legacy products forum.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:44 AM

I get this sometimes in PT win64 with eleven rack,. just change your buffer settings it cleans it up for me,. up or down it does not matter for me it appears if I do alot of plugin editing ( adding changing settings etc ) while playing the track.

post more info when you get it

Intel I7 - Win 7 64bit - 16 Gigs ram - SSD sata3 HD's - Eleven Rack - Reason - Sonar X2 Pro - Reaper - Melodyne - Oh and 20 guitars and not enough fingers to play then all ...
Old 03-04-2016, 11:45 AM

T4D

I did as you advised and it is working great!!!

Thanks.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:19 AM

I have a simular problem since upgrading to Sierra,all sessions play back fine but if I arm a track for record i get this low level sctrachy sound on and off,if i set buffer to 1024 it seems to go away but playing tru amp models etc, becomes useless. I use Focusrite clarett 8 PT 12.6 sierra any help is apreciated.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro perez View Post
I have a simular problem since upgrading to Sierra,all sessions play back fine but if I arm a track for record i get this low level sctrachy sound on and off,if i set buffer to 1024 it seems to go away but playing tru amp models etc, becomes useless. I use Focusrite clarett 8 PT 12.6 sierra any help is apreciated.
Since this section of the DUC is for Windows users, I doubt you will get much help here. Go into the Mac section and post there. Be sure to include great detail on your system, specs, interface, etc(its pretty much impossible to give too much info)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-30-2013, 08:17 AM

As stated above, it is usually due to the specs of your computer not keeping up with what pro tools is trying to place on it.
Try going to the playback engine, and change everything to the highest value.

It may be a faulty microphone.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:40 AM

if you are on a windows machine with an mbox3, and you are using the latest driver, there is your problem. It is unusable. Download the previous version. Even if you aren't on an mbox..try another version of your driver. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nload/en379411

I really enjoy the mystery. Thanks for the challenge! I enjoy the cryptic posts! I am happy that you haven't wasted more of your valuable time downloading the SSi software and posting a Sandra Report...way to avoid being another unpaid troubleshooter for a super fragile and problematic product.

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 03-24-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
if you are on a windows machine with an mbox3, and you are using the latest driver, there is your problem. It is unusable. Download the previous version. Even if you aren't on an mbox..try another version of your driver. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nload/en379411
I'm experiencing this crackling issue and I'm wondering whether this advice is still valid.

I'm using PT 11 with an MBox 3.

I have the MBox 1.1.10 driver package.

My system specs are Win 7 Pro 64 bit, SP1
i7 930 @2.80 GHZ
24 GB RAM
Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB boot drive

Project files are on an internal WD Caviar Black storage drive.

I never notice this this when recording a real instrument; only when using a mic. Have tried a couple of different mics.

Any advice would be appreciated.