Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2014, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Waves Studiorack

Waves Plug-ins do not support Dynamic Processing Waves wants to say they have top features and quality plug-ins yet they don't properly code their plug-ins...
Old 07-26-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meric View Post
Hi Emcha_audio,

I think you have missunderstood what's the Soundgrid... You didn't try the DLS box but you have too many ideas on Digigrid...

waves ported ssl plug to hdx to evaluate how much work is needed to do it.. the benchmark speaks to themselfve about the relative power of hdx card crd intel servers! moreover the intel servers are true double precision while hdx is a 32 bit engine and the power you get from intel servers it much more then hdx at a fraction of the price...

I really can't understand that why waves has an obligation to write their AAX DSP(250~ plug-ins)?
I don't know and I hope you know the price of debuging an AAX DSP plug-in? There are too many companies that they won't support their AAX DSP plug-ins... I understand their dessicion because they won't... Steven massey allready told that he should't re-code his plug-ins AAX DSP! It's buisness... So reality will speak...

Ùmit
Haha, if Waves did actually port SSL to AAX DSP then releasing it to public, THAT would be business

I still don't get what's up with Waves thinking we need thousands of plugins running at the same time...

What we don't need is another "box"! And we don't need added latency. I'm quite sad seeing AAX DSP takes longer to process than TDM did... adding another clumsy system on top of that is absolutely out of question, at least for me. I like Waves plugs but as many others, I'm getting used to using other stuff out there and it's real nice to see that Avid has started coming out with some really nice plugins themselves!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Waves Plug-ins do not support Dynamic Processing Waves wants to say they have top features and quality plug-ins yet they don't properly code their plug-ins...

Interesting
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:48 PM

Sorry Robert,
But I am as an audio plug-in developer I really can't understand What did you mean by " properly code "? I write my codes on C++ and never heard this phrase " properly code "!! What it Does mean? Really fuzzy phrase:) sorry!

What did you want to say by this line "do not support Dynamic Processing"
Info: if your AAX code lines are having some lines errors
- 1st: you can't debuging your codes
- 2nd : Avid and waves have Awesome produit managers and C++ guys&gals that they won't debuging their codes with this error! Sorry where did you read this info but it's not right:)

Cheers

Ümit

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post

Waves mercury Bundle
Massey Plug-ins
AIR Creative Bundle
many Audio gears...

Last edited by meric; 07-26-2014 at 06:51 PM. Reason: iPhone error
Old 07-26-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
Avid has started coming out with some really nice plugins themselves!
Don't forget your NDA:) :)

Waves mercury Bundle
Massey Plug-ins
AIR Creative Bundle
many Audio gears...
Old 07-26-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:

I like the sound of this
Old 07-26-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Hi Emcha_audio,

I think you have missunderstood what's the Soundgrid... You didn't try the DLS box but you have too many ideas on Digigrid...

waves ported ssl plug to hdx to evaluate how much work is needed to do it.. the benchmark speaks to themselfve about the relative power of hdx card crd intel servers! moreover the intel servers are true double precision while hdx is a 32 bit engine and the power you get from intel servers it much more then hdx at a fraction of the price...

I really can't understand that why waves has an obligation to write their AAX DSP(250~ plug-ins)?
I don't know and I hope you know the price of debuging an AAX DSP plug-in? There are too many companies that they won't support their AAX DSP plug-ins... I understand their dessicion because they won't... Steven massey allready told that he should't re-code his plug-ins AAX DSP! It's buisness... So reality will speak...

Ùmit
Easy to understand.
When you payed thousands of dollars for plugins and Waves tell you that they will cover every major plugin format, you think they have an obligation to go from TDM to AAX DSP.

Happy to see that this worked for you, but for my part, i would never want a box adding another layer to my mixer. When i mix, i want a simple and straight workflow. I dont want multiple layers.

And 160 SSL channes are not enough? I would have take them...
I have my HDX system now, i am testing it before Making the switch from my HD3accel and let me tell you that HDX rocks!

Tant pis pour Waves!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:

Is that a new rap group? Or a cover band of NWA? Hahahahaha
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
He's not breaching his NDA here he's probably talking about the plugins Avid launched a couple of months ago.

Wave-T.com
Old 07-26-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Hi Emcha_audio,

Ùmit
Actually I didn't misunderstand what soundgrid is, I'm making sure that no one misunderstand it from how you have typed it here.

Second as I said, when they ported the SSL plug, they didn't decouple the Processor block from the 2 other blocks (GUI / CORE) and fed the entire plugin as one whole block to the HDX cards. Would they actually do the work properly once they would see that it's not quantum physics, unless when they wrote their codes in the first place, they didn't leave themselves markers of what was what, very messy way of working. Sure it may take a bit more time, but they had committed in the WUP that they would support all Major Platform, HDX is a platform in it self part of the Pro Tools ecosystem. By not supporting it and changing the terms of the WUP later on it was a breach in what people had signed up and paid for. But that's an other matter. There are some company's that have decided not to go the dsp way, there are new companies that have come out with their product line in DSP, and then there's old companies that already ported all their plugins to dsp, and some companies have released aax dsp only plugins. in fact there's not many companies beside waves and soundtoys that had a good aray of plugins that didn't move toward aax dsp. About Massey, they still haven't updated their website with a firm decision one way or an other, so that's still up in the air I would say until the website is updated.

Wave-T.com