Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2009, 01:35 AM

Default Using Digi Rack plug-in on the 003 in real-time, is this possible?

Hello Everyone

This is my first post here, and I am quite new in the pro tools invironment, so appologies in advance if my issue has been delt with some time earlier. I have trawled through the forum, but have so far been unable to locate a satisfying answer.

Reasontly, i became the happy owner of a pro tools 003 system. I especially purchaced this model as it comes with an intigrated control Surface that includes faders, nobs ect. I like mixing with my hands and ears, and not beeing forced to click the mouse all the time.

well, I have just installed pro tools and have started by dlirning the basics, making a session/track, editing, assigning stuff ect.
All of this has so far gone extreamly well, however now I want to experiment with some of the Digi rack plug-ins that are included with the system. However, I can only seem to locate these through the audio suite window. this is not very cool, as using the audio suite version doesnt let me regulate the controls of the plug-in whilest the audio is playing, i am only aloud to select a portion of my file and preview this every time I have maken ajustments to the plug-in sliders.

My question is now, Is it possible to use these plug-ins in a real-time version? if yes, how do I acomplish this, as I really do want to use the nobs on my 003 to ajust the plug-ins while i the result is played back to me, also in real-time.

I am looking forward to hearing from someone.

All the best from allan
Old 02-18-2009, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Using Digi Rack plug-in on the 003 in real-time, is this possible?

Sounds like you've got some reading to do.
Track inserts, bussing, etc.
The manual is a treasure trove of information.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:01 AM

Hi

You are right, the manual indeed is helpfull, and after consulting it another time I manadged to do an insert on a track without to many problems! It works flawleslly now!

One more question though, something I havent been able to find even after consulting the manual as well as the windows shortcut key guide.

do any of you by any chance know if there are any windows keyboard commands to let you do the following without using the mouse:
To select the input, output or insert selecter for the selected track?

All the best from allan
Old 02-18-2009, 04:05 AM

There's a complete list of keyboard shortcuts in the documentation.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:43 AM

The pro tools reference guide should have all the short cuts.(There are a lot so unless you use them frequently, they are hard to remember all of them.)

There is a drop down in PT that shortcuts to the keyboard commands in the reference guide.

I think it is under the help drop on the top of the screen.

Best wishes.