Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2000, 07:25 PM

Default How about releasing the source for samplecell?

It would do no harm, and I'm sure it would be easy to improve on the windows drivers.
I run win2k, and so cannot use my samplecell any more, which is a shame.
If this product is discontinued, please help all of us poor users by doing this!
I would happily sort out the dodgy code and bugs, but a decompile is a nightmare on the drivers as they are. Digidesign do not seem to really understand PC's as well as they do Macs, and though the samplecell hardware is good it is very limited by the current drivers.
Old 12-09-2000, 03:40 AM

Default Re: How about releasing the source for samplecell?

HERE THAT MAN!!! Yeah I completely agree with you. Samplecell is a great card (where else can you drag & drop samples into a proffessional sampler with zero latency?), but thats when it works. It simply does not work properly with windows. I have complained SO MANY TIMES - they always say that there is something wrong with my configeration - which is absolute ******** . Digidesign no not understand PC's. FACT.

How many other PC users are out there anyway?? Aparently I am the only one in the UK!!!???
Old 12-11-2000, 12:08 AM

Default Re: How about releasing the source for samplecell?

No, I'm uk as well, perhaps the bugs have something to do with geographic location? :>

The admininstrator will probably post something about 'maintaining compatibility with windows 3.1' here now.

This is not specificaly a win2k request as I would use 98 if the samplecell2 driver software was not so dodgy.