How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2014, 03:04 AM

Default PT11 loses automation when moving clips

Hi,

when moving clips containing Spanner plugin automation from a mono to 5.0 to a mono to LCR or mono to 7.0 track (or other formats) with spanner the entire automation is lost.

This worked fine in PT10. At least for the parameters that are present across the plugins.

It's a huge PITA and should be fixed asap. There's really no reason why the front-panning info is lost when you move a clip from a mono to LCR to a mono to 5.0 track with Spanner.

I'm sure this happens with lots of other plugs as well and it's not plugin specific.

This brings my workflow to a halt in PT11.

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...ps/116893-3779

I also posted two long time bugs that make working around the above bug even harder:

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...in/116892-3779

and

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...ks/116891-3779

Thanks,

Frank.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:15 AM

Default Re: PT11 loses automation when moving clips

Frank,
Might be a good idea to report these to the plugin maker as well. With the changes to Automation in PT11, it's possible they have bugs to address as well as Avid.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Frank,
Might be a good idea to report these to the plugin maker as well. With the changes to Automation in PT11, it's possible they have bugs to address as well as Avid.
The maker knows about it and the other ones I've posted.
The PT11 one is new but the ones I posted below not.

I've also sent this to cs.

Frank.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:03 AM

Just tried to drag a clip from a mono to 5.0 tracks with spanner to a mono to LCR track and things are actually worse than I thought.

When you do that part of the FadC automation-data will be written to the master bypass curve inverted although that's a curve that only has 2 values.

The PanC parameter however is entirely dropped. So it seems there's something seriously wrong. Some things are dropped others get written to wrong lanes.

I've attached a screenshot. Top clip alt-dragged to the bottom track. The top track shows the FadC parameter. The bottom the Master-Bypass automation. It's amazing that this kind of automation can actually live in the bypass lane that only has two values: on and off.

Frank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spanner bug.jpg (22.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-20-2014, 12:54 PM
The Cargo Cult

this sounds very screwy indeed.
There are definitely some "known issues" with the way PT handles automation and plugins on multichannel tracks and it looks like this might be a more severe version of the same.

I'm making a very thorough list of all these similar issues so if anyone else has recipes or related bugs please do post here or email to me at: support @ maggot . co . nz