Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2019, 12:57 PM

Default 5th + 6th DSP16 failures in 3.5 years

Hello,

Complaining mode not a request for diagnosis post -

We just had our 5th + 6th HDX card failures in the past 3.5 years with the exact same card failure - DSP16. The first two happened during a PT firmware update that killed DSP16, the second two happened for no apparent reason, and now these two for, again, no apparent reason. I've had to pay for two of those repairs so far.

I just started an Avid case, we'll see what happens. It's very frustrating, we're down a system, and there's obviously a bad run of HDX cards that have inherent instabilities with DSP16's architecture on the board.
I just spoke to our accountant and remembered the other repairs and she's wound up about it. Her words were something similar to -

"Let me take a look here. Hmmm, we have 5 HDX2/HDX3 systems and 9 Nuendo systems. The Nuendo systems are shipped all over the world and have had one failure in 8 years, are used twice as often per system as PT, and have a far higher ROI. You're the damn engineering genius, explain to me what I'm missing?" (she's a funny person).

So here we go again.

Ugh.
Hugh