Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 04-24-2013, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Pro not boot

So you need to check the mbox3 while connected to the computer - Look under the device manager and see if you can see the interface recognized by the operating system

I would also recommend trashing your prefs / And when you say you reinstalled your drivers you're talking about your FireWire card? What exact model of FireWire card do you have and are you using it on what slot on your computer ??
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 PM

I connected the card to 3 different computers.
Sometimes, when turned on, starts to install drivers, but then it is written - denial
Old 04-25-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astargh View Post
Hi
my story
when hung protools I turned off and turned on the card, but the card does not start. Power light is lit, but in the card does not appear in the system. in standalone mode card does not work. please help
Quote:
When I connected my card to 3 computers with win 7 or win Xp.
And when card is on, lights on the card is pale.
The panel buttons do not work
Hardware not connected| Not streaming
Quote:
card worked fine for six months
but stopped working after a reboot
all the drivers installed.
all the optimizations performed
firewire texas instrument
Quote:
I connected the card to 3 different computers.
Sometimes, when turned on, starts to install drivers, but then it is written - denial
Thanks for the Sandra Report. And welcome to the Forum. One of the Moderators asked for a summery so I'm going to attempt that. Apologies in advance if I'm wrong.

You had a MBox3 Pro and it was working fine for 6 months. Pro Tools hung and you rebooted. Now the card does not work. Its not visible in Device Manager and won't pass any audio. The MBox is getting power because the Power LED is lit but wont work in standalone mode. It won't show up in Device Manager or as a Pro Tools interface. There's no Control Panel or if there is its not controlling or communicating with the MBox3. You've tried it on a variety of computers running both Win7 and XP and the devices is not recognized. When plugged in the device illuminates slightly but does not seem to be getting full power. At various times seemingly at random the unit will trigger the Found New Hardware Wizard which attempts to install the driver but exits with a error code. Which I'm going to guess is "Device could not start". You installed the drivers and done the optimizations .

Have you tried another FW cable? also be aware that most FW audio interfaces are not hot plug-able. Power the computer down when changing cables or disconnecting the unit.

Try another cable. If the units not getting enough power it won't initialize. And if you used the same cable with all three computers you tested it on it highly like that it simply brought the problem with it.

Try a complete clean uninstall and reinstall of Pro Tools and its drivers. Making sure to reboot after uninstalling. And reinstalling.

I'm leaning towards This being a bad cable or driver issue. Unfortunately I need to run out for the day. Hopefully there enough information for others to help you get going again.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 AM

I used 3 different cable with 3 FW devices. I reinstall my OS. And insnall driivers and PT. I know how working Dice Jr. And problem NOT in cables. I Think that problem in firmware and internal timings of DSP processor
Old 04-25-2013, 12:02 PM

So your FW card shows up fine in the device manager ?

Have you tried another device on the card ?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:41 PM

Have you tried pulling out the firewire card, booting the computer until windows comes on, go into the device manager and click on scan for hardware change, then closing the computer, placing the firewire card in again booting the computer again and leaving windows install the drivers of the firewire card? After that you can try to install the drivers for the mbox, with the mbox unplugged. Close the computer then plug the mbox and reboot the computer to finish the installation.

Wave-T.com
Old 04-25-2013, 11:36 PM

Hey
I've tried it all.
I connected to a FireWire Motu 828 Mk 2 and it worked fine
Old 04-26-2013, 07:06 AM

I think the best course of action from here on now, is to use your ASC and call Avid directly, they have technicians that will be able to help figure out in a definitive fashion if it's your MBOX or something else that has a problem.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Mbox/Support

Wave-T.com
Old 04-27-2013, 03:57 PM

don't work internal clock
Old 04-27-2013, 04:22 PM

What doesn't work? Internal clock I guess you mean the synchronization doesn't work? Again, as I've said earlier, you're best bet for now is to get an asc and call the tech support so they can see if it's hardware related and give you a rma.

Wave-T.com