Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2023, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Hybrid Engine/ DSP Mode latency issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastula View Post
Workaround: De-activating and Re-activating the track puts it back in sync.
I will try this! Probably this force triggers the ADC engine to to perform a recalculation.
Old 11-08-2023, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhoof View Post
YMMV, none of the issues I reported in the last 4,5 years have been fixed. Not one. All are logged as a bug, case closed without a fix. Some are still causing major issues for us.

Nice to hear others have better experiences though.
Completely with you on that. If they're serious about trying to fix this, easy to provide these lists of past closed but unsolved cases to them for reassessment.
Old 11-08-2023, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boe Larsen View Post
Any experiences in this regard with the new 2022.9.0?
And still broken in 2023.9.
Old 11-08-2023, 09:43 AM

Another interesting fact: I rebuilt the example session exactly as it is displayed in the PT reference manual, in the DSP Mode section.

Even that basic session doesn't behave well regarding ADC or compensation of MIDI for the Instrument track.
Funnily, AVID chose to crop the screenshots in the manual, so that the delay compensation information is not visible. For obvious reasons. What a joke!
Old 11-08-2023, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
With all due respect, but I have been filing numerous cases - probably over 20 - in the last 7 years relating to ADC problems alone. All this time, AVID has done absolutely nothing with that information, apart from giving me the big fat finger blaming it on user error.
You cannot believe how much of my time was lost speaking to clueless support agents about this. And now you will take things seriously all of a sudden?
+1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 11-13-2023, 06:34 AM

Hello, Not sure if this is the correct thread but I am having issues with delay comp just trying to run a parallel 1176 on a vocal via a bus send and Aux return (all in the box - no Hardware inserts). This is all native with Hybrid Engine turned off as Hybrid creates more problems than it solves for me. If I deactivate all plugs on the parallel track it is ok - not great but maybe useable. but with any plugin even AVID trim I am getting phasing. Is there something that has to happen to make this work with HDX? And yes delay comp is turned on.

This a medium sized 24/48 session that ran perfectly on PT12 HD Native.

I was called a troll for posting this in the wrong delay compensation thread. I have been using pro tools for almost 30 years and own an approximately 500K mix room. I am a professional that is just trying to make music and have the basic functioning of my DAW be correct.

System referenced above = 7,1 2019 Mac Pro / 384G Ram, 2TB NVMe System, Session and Library drives. PT 2023.9 / HDX1 / HD i/o / UAD Octo Card.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:24 AM

I think that other thread was already out of hand, and you unfairly got the short end of the stick.

Someone may answer here, but if you don't, and as you've said you aren't using the Hybrid engine, perhaps just start a new thread with the details of your issue, either in this HDX & HD Native sub-forum, or in the main Pro Tools forum.

You will, of course, be criticised for starting/spamming multiple threads!

Dominic
Old 11-14-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irispill View Post
Hello, Not sure if this is the correct thread but I am having issues with delay comp just trying to run a parallel 1176 on a vocal via a bus send and Aux return (all in the box - no Hardware inserts). This is all native with Hybrid Engine turned off as Hybrid creates more problems than it solves for me. If I deactivate all plugs on the parallel track it is ok - not great but maybe useable. but with any plugin even AVID trim I am getting phasing. Is there something that has to happen to make this work with HDX? And yes delay comp is turned on.

This a medium sized 24/48 session that ran perfectly on PT12 HD Native.

I was called a troll for posting this in the wrong delay compensation thread. I have been using pro tools for almost 30 years and own an approximately 500K mix room. I am a professional that is just trying to make music and have the basic functioning of my DAW be correct.

System referenced above = 7,1 2019 Mac Pro / 384G Ram, 2TB NVMe System, Session and Library drives. PT 2023.9 / HDX1 / HD i/o / UAD Octo Card.
Not sure which "1176" you're using, but unless it has a MIX knob that you can turn to 100%, you're going to get phasing regardless.
Old 11-23-2023, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arichlsss View Post
Still broken …

Hybrid mode is literal garbage for a professional tool. I have so many issues with delay compensation in hybrid mode.

If you need to track stay in hdx mode
agreed.

this is the most unsure Ive felt about PT since the 90s.
Shame

Sean McDonald
Red Medicine Recording LLC
Sofa King Music Services
http://www.seanmcdonald.com
Old 03-11-2024, 03:42 AM

One of the surefire ways to get this fixed is for one of us to demonstrate a 100% repro sequence. A simple session, where someone can follow a sequence of steps that will reproduce the issue. Anyone got something like that? A situation where the delay compensation misbehaves all or most of the time?
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS