Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 12-12-2018, 02:33 PM

Default Advise of sorts if Protools 11 tells you you're out of resources

Not that this is a solution to an issue that could be underlying (or a result of Protools needing time to process each task), but just wanted to share how I deal with these error messages so that I don't have to close the file I'm working on down.

First, let me say that it seems that Protools does NOT like it if you try to do too many things at once. I'm learning to just give it a second between each task so Protools can get caught up.

Here's my work around the running out or resources error message:

1) Click Set up/ Select Playback Engine
2) Then change the buffer size

Doing the buffer size change seems to reset the program, eliminating the need to close down and re-open the program.

Hope that helps anyone else encountering this issue. It took a little while for me to find that solution, but it works every time.

Lisa
Old 12-12-2018, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Advise of sorts if Protools 11 tells you you're out of resources

Yes we have read and posted this info in many threads here on the forum since PT went 64bit.

Not to sound harsh but the search of the topic is a good idea before starting new threads with topics that have been discussed many times.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-13-2018, 07:47 AM

Please reply with link to best answer to this issue if other than the one I posted. After that I will delete the post so to avoid redundancy if you like. Was just trying to be helpful. I took time out of my work to post this. Just send me a private message instead if you have an issue with a post instead of here.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:09 PM

Having more issues now with the same error message. What's the best thread on this one please.

Thank you!